• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just a few questions about open carrying a handgun under 21

Billy Myers

Hey guys I am new to the OC forum and I am glad to be here. I usually OC my M4 but I recently just sold it for money to put towards a better personal protection weapon. I am 18 years old and I'm having my aunt purchase a new pistol for me tomorrow at a Henderson Dealer and then gifting it to me through metro. Will I be legally able to OC my new pistol in a hip holster? Thanks in advance for the replies!

The Big Guy

If you are not prohibited from owning the firearm per past criminal record, then you are good to go to carry at 18.

Welcome to the forum.

TBG

The Big Guy

Thanks for the swift response. I'm glad to hear I can assert my right before turning 21. Maybe you can answer another question for me, can I OC while riding my motorcycle?

Yes. Many on here are bike riding 2A supporters and carry down the road with the wind in their hair, or at least past their headgear, all the time.

Billy Myers, you must be a UFO guy.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to the forum, and the OC community!

I was OC'ing last night on a short motorcycle ride to nowhere (aren't those the best kind?).

28kfps

I OC while riding all the time all over Las Vegas, Pahrump, Lake Mead, Boulder City Henderson, Laughlin, Bullhead City, with no problems. Rode from Las Vegas to the middle of Utah open carrying. The entire way, to and from, 1300 miles. Carried into ever gas stop and restraint no issues.

I spend little or no ridding time in North Las Vegas, as they will use an old North Las Vegas law to intimidate and harass. Yep nothing, like ridding with the wind in my hair, both of them.

The Big Guy

Once again thanks for the swift response. I am unsure what 'UFO guy' means but I assume it was a compliment :)

Was just wondering about your handle. He is a guy from Switzerland who has claimed to be in contact with ET for many years now. I guess however he spells it different, Meier.

I wonder if ET OC's?

TBG