• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

P99 Holsters

Jack House

With my looming visit to Louisiana, I'd like to take the opportunity to OC there. But since Texas is a CC only state, I only have an IWB holster. Ergo I'd need to buy an OWB OC holster. But since my gun is not very common, there aren't many holsters custom tailored for it without costing an arm and a leg.

So my question is this: Are there any popular guns similar enough to the P99 that holsters made for them will work for my needs?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Save your money and OC with your IWB holster. Have never found anything that would make this illegal there.

As some municipalities have non-preempted (grandfathered) restrictions, I would recommend coordinating with someone local who is knowledgeable on carry laws in LA........I see you did post the general OC question on the LA. sub-forum.

LOCAL (Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League) is an excellent source of information
http://www.laopencarry.org/history.html

Jack House

I might do that. Though, if I do end up moving to Louisiana, and to the best of my knowledge this interview is only a formality, I'd want to get an OWB anyway.