Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: First negitive OC incident

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Coats
    Posts
    73

    First negitive OC incident

    Was at the Wal-Mart in Dunn yesterday morning with my wife trying to get a start on our Christmas shopping and was in the sporting goods department looking at the firearms cataloge. I was OCing as a always do, and have been in this Wal-Mart a thousand times with out incident. Anyways, I was at the counter and a older gentleman walks up to me and aske me if I was a LEO, and I told him no I wasnt. He went on to tell me that he felt unconfortable with me not concealing my firearm and that I should do that. I told him that I understand his concern but first of all NC allows it, Wal-Mart allows it and I wasnt wasnt going to do it and then we talked about it for another min. My wife chimed in and said that my husband carries for our personal protection and it really wasnt any of his concern and then asked him if he owned any firearms. He replied that he does and then walked off. Before we got to the check out lines I was hoping that I would see him again so I could give him an Open Carry flyer, but didnt.

    I suppose that it wasnt that bad of an experience, but it was my first one though after nearly a year of OCing. One thing that I will doing here in the beginning of next month is taking the carry/conceal course so it gives me options.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    50
    I agree it could have gone a lot worse. The guy contradicts himself when he says he owns guns himself, but feels "uncomfortable" that you are carrying yours. You handled it well and your wife definitely helped the case by backing you up. Sometimes people just want to confront you so that they can sleep better at night...or something like that.

  3. #3
    Regular Member REDFIVE48's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock19fan View Post
    He went on to tell me that he felt unconfortable with me not concealing my firearm and that I should do that.
    I think I might have asked him a few questions:
    1. If I conceal it, will he still know I have it? or will he forget instantly?
    2. If he still knows I have it, will he still be uncomfortable? If not, why?
    3. Does he typically make it a point to request other people break the law (since you don't have your CHP)?
    4. Who the hell does he think he is telling you what to do when you aren't doing anything wrong?

    Just my thoughts, what a tool!

  4. #4
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    He went on to tell me that he felt uncomfortable with me not concealing my firearm and that I should do that.
    "Yes well, I'm uncomfortable with strangers butting in to things that are none of their business. So, why don't you just go away now, m'kay?"

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Posts
    751
    Apparently he's not so uncomfortable so as to keep his distance.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post
    I think I might have asked him a few questions:
    1. If I conceal it, will he still know I have it? or will he forget instantly?
    2. If he still knows I have it, will he still be uncomfortable? If not, why?
    3. Does he typically make it a point to request other people break the law (since you don't have your CHP)?
    4. Who the hell does he think he is telling you what to do when you aren't doing anything wrong?

    Just my thoughts, what a tool!
    +1

    For folks like this, it's all about controlling those who don't do as they do. It has nothing to do with logic.

  7. #7
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    I suppose my response could easily be described as:

    (*SHRUG*) (*ignores*) (*walks away*)
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Old timers are not going to argue with a woman ... you could do anything and an old timer will walk up and if a woman starts yapping at him, he'll slink off.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Old timers are not going to argue with a woman ... you could do anything and an old timer will walk up and if a woman starts yapping at him, he'll slink off.
    Note...to...self... Keep Woman in back pocket at all times.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveboos View Post
    Note...to...self... Keep Woman in back pocket at all times.
    Here's a video of the old timer at home ... either his wife dies first or he does, either way its a win-win for the old timer.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juqGSTEmSLw

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Here's a video of the old timer at home ... either his wife dies first or he does, either way its a win-win for the old timer.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juqGSTEmSLw
    Didn't see that coming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •