Thread: Salem OC beware

Salem OC beware

There appears to be a progressive group targeting oc and ocl holders. Making a huge scene in public.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Could you be more specific? Is this something you saw yourself?

Salem Specifics

Walmart, Lancaster dr.
    Male, late 20's
    Brown hair, white, hazel eyes
    Large scar head

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Sounds like a single guy. What group was he part of? What was he saying?

Salem Specifics

So far we are unable to identify the group of affiliation, however, this is a dangerous individual due to his nature of approach. He will attempt to put you in a position where you feel threatened by his movements towards the rear of you. Please don't allow yourself to be drawn in by this individual, keep your distance, speak very little to him, and be aware of his intentions to cry wolf. This guy is very mentaly unstable.
    There have been reports of als who are part of an anti-gun group, using similar tactics.
    Some of us suspect these are the throw-backs from the "occopy movent". They baited the police several times, and they will attempt to bait you into conflict.
    Unfortunately, media will not warn the law abiding citizen.

If the person is making threatening gestures why not call the police? That is what they are there for.

Michael

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top View Post
    There appears to be a progressive group targeting oc and ocl holders. Making a huge scene in public.
    As a new guy in town, you would seem to be a good guy from your profile, but why so cryptic about details and backup to your claims? Notice that over a several hour period earlier this morning that you did not clarify or answer the questions of others, but rather added to the mystery with your replies.

Progressive group - what group?

Targeting OCers - who besides you?

Who is the "we"?

What is "oci"?

Making a huge scene - how so, what specific problem resulted?

Appreciating tactical awareness et al, we deal in facts, not sensationalized feelings or vagaries. Please elaborate so that we may understand how you come to these conclusions.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-23-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Let me see if I have this right -

There is some young punk down at the WalMart who got all up in the face of someone OCing. It happened while the OCer was either going in or coming out. The young punk sort of danced around the OCer saying hurtful things. The OCer basically stood there and took it.

This may have happened to more than one OCer at the WalMart but we just don't know.

The OP suggests that there is also an organized effort to do this to all OCers as well as folks who CC (ocl = Oregon Concealed License, right?) How this group knows who 1) has an OCL and 2) is currently CCing has not been reported. These persons have not been reported to have big red S's on their chest and a vulnerability to kryptonite.

What gets me is that the OCer who was reported to have been accosted by this bald/shaved headed individual did not turn, go inside (back inside) Walmart and either seek out a manager to have the rowdy yute ejected from the property or call the police to report the verbal/physical assault. Situational awareness includes being aware of where cover is and how to move most safely to reach it. (See, I'm thinking that if our OCer went inside the WalMart and the accosting yute followed him inside it would suddenly become WalMart's problem - especially if our OCer kept backing up to the customer service area (usually in the middle of the front wall).

I can see one unfortunate OCer who was caught off-guard and did not have the most elegant response to the confrontation, but the report of a concerted effort to harass a whole bunch of OCers across a city - as well as possessors of OCLs who may or may not be CCing at the moment - falls flat without names, dates, and possibly corroborating info such as police reports (or where we can FOIA such).

To the OP - the differnce between a war story and a fairy tale is the first begins with "So there I was" instead of "Once upon a time." They both end with "And they all went home to a warm supper, and lived happily ever after." I'm not saying you are telling us a war story/fairy tale, but there's sure a lot missing to convince me it's an AAR/sitrep.

stay safe.

PS - Oh, where are my manners? Welcome to OCDO.
    Last edited by skidmark; 10-23-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: forgot my manners
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Actually Skid, the OP typed "oci" not OCL, but then again he also said "occopy movent" and w/o getting into Latin or medical terms, I'll accept that he was referring to the Oregon license to carry and to the occupy movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Top View Post
    So far we are unable to identify the group of affiliation, however, this is a dangerous individual due to his nature of approach. He will attempt to put you in a position where you feel threatened by his movements towards the rear of you. Please don't allow yourself to be drawn in by this individual, keep your distance, speak very little to him, and be aware of his intentions to cry wolf. This guy is very mentaly unstable.
    There have been reports of als who are part of an anti-gun group, using similar tactics.

Some of us suspect these are the throw-backs from the "occopy movent". They baited the police several times, and they will attempt to bait you into conflict.
    Unfortunately, media will not warn the law abiding citizen.
    What further troubles me, is the reference to "we" and "some of us" = multiple people - or are others just discussing hearsay and there has been no police report or anything substantiated to report by the media?

Neither war stories nor fairy tales have confirmable nor cite-able facts as their basis, so there is found a common element for purposes of comparison here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

What troubles me is that any of you are giving any bit of credence to to the OP who clearly is yanking your chains.

"targeting oc and ocl holders"

OCL not OCI.

Apparently a drive-by posting.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    What troubles me is that any of you are giving any bit of credence to to the OP who clearly is yanking your chains.
    It is normal and customary to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is not policy to jump to locking or deleting threads/posts because something seems a bit out there, but we will ask for clarification.

Do you have personal insight or knowledge? BTW - it's alright to be troubled.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Do you have personal insight or knowledge?
    Insight is defined as an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding. So yes, I have personal insight.

It's a shame that it seems to be so lacking in others on this forum.

lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It is normal and customary to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is not policy to jump to locking or deleting threads/posts because something seems a bit out there, but we will ask for clarification.

I did not find the OP's postings to be outside the realm of possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Could it be that you have no insight? ;-)

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Nor did I - just not well documented and then avoidance of responding to direct questions. The OP was here for about 1 1/2 hours reading the responses; then made a somewhat similar, no detail, post on another thread and signed off. He hasn't been back.

He could still return and set the record straight. Until then we have an allegorical story that has every appearance of having been directed by someone not well schooled in how to respond.

Didn't cost a nickel to run this thread. Reading it and the replies offers good training to the newbie member/users on this forum. Many of old pharts probably thought, O'boy here we go again, but that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    Insight is defined as an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding. So yes, I have personal insight.

It's a shame that it seems to be so lacking in others on this forum.
    Not that I disagree with the likely truth that we have a agent provocateur, driveby stirring the pot. Indeed almost every post was challenging the OP.

The administration does not proceed to censor or ban people based on insight, intuition or gut instinct. Better I think to give people enough rope to see where they tie the knots.

What is a unfortunate is that you would seem to presume to attack/shame others for offering him the opportunity to clear things up. We try to take the high road and to be fair. We put facts before emotions.

Banned
    Ironbar's avatar seems to be very relevent to his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Ironbar's avatar seems to be very relevent to his attitude.
    A cute kid in a cute outfit? Thanks! It does seem relevant doesn't it?

Hi everyone,

I think the a person being menacing to other is a serious problem, however also being aware of when force of a reactive nature is needed is a very cautious area.

A suggestion to any situation and what I do is think what will the judge or jury think about my actions? I am not a paranoid person but I try and review senerios like a person with a knife or a bat or a gun. And what will I do if confronted? I have found my cell phone is just are powerful as my 40cal. And sometimes just as fast and way less deadly.

Not to Monday morning quarter back this particular situation, but I think calling the police even moving back walking or running is better then confronting if at all possible. But as mentioned I was not there. I do not want to injure or kill anyone unless there is no other choice and my life depends on the action I take. Sounds like the guy may have even been a threat, but not a deadly threat. Definetly helped me reading and being aware of this senerio I never thought of before. Thank you for the information it helped me think out some stuff.