• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salem OC beware

There appears to be a progressive group targeting oc and ocl holders. Making a huge scene in public.

Salem Specifics

Walmart, Lancaster dr.
Male, late 20's
Brown hair, white, hazel eyes
Large scar head

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Sounds like a single guy. What group was he part of? What was he saying?

Salem Specifics

So far we are unable to identify the group of affiliation, however, this is a dangerous individual due to his nature of approach. He will attempt to put you in a position where you feel threatened by his movements towards the rear of you. Please don't allow yourself to be drawn in by this individual, keep your distance, speak very little to him, and be aware of his intentions to cry wolf. This guy is very mentaly unstable.
There have been reports of als who are part of an anti-gun group, using similar tactics.
Some of us suspect these are the throw-backs from the "occopy movent". They baited the police several times, and they will attempt to bait you into conflict.
Unfortunately, media will not warn the law abiding citizen.

mlr

If the person is making threatening gestures why not call the police? That is what they are there for.

Michael

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There appears to be a progressive group targeting oc and ocl holders. Making a huge scene in public.

As a new guy in town, you would seem to be a good guy from your profile, but why so cryptic about details and backup to your claims? Notice that over a several hour period earlier this morning that you did not clarify or answer the questions of others, but rather added to the mystery with your replies.

Progressive group - what group?

Targeting OCers - who besides you?

Who is the "we"?

What is "oci"?

Making a huge scene - how so, what specific problem resulted?

Appreciating tactical awareness et al, we deal in facts, not sensationalized feelings or vagaries. Please elaborate so that we may understand how you come to these conclusions.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Let me see if I have this right -

There is some young punk down at the WalMart who got all up in the face of someone OCing. It happened while the OCer was either going in or coming out. The young punk sort of danced around the OCer saying hurtful things. The OCer basically stood there and took it.

This may have happened to more than one OCer at the WalMart but we just don't know.

The OP suggests that there is also an organized effort to do this to all OCers as well as folks who CC (ocl = Oregon Concealed License, right?) How this group knows who 1) has an OCL and 2) is currently CCing has not been reported. These persons have not been reported to have big red S's on their chest and a vulnerability to kryptonite.

What gets me is that the OCer who was reported to have been accosted by this bald/shaved headed individual did not turn, go inside (back inside) Walmart and either seek out a manager to have the rowdy yute ejected from the property or call the police to report the verbal/physical assault. Situational awareness includes being aware of where cover is and how to move most safely to reach it. (See, I'm thinking that if our OCer went inside the WalMart and the accosting yute followed him inside it would suddenly become WalMart's problem - especially if our OCer kept backing up to the customer service area (usually in the middle of the front wall).

I can see one unfortunate OCer who was caught off-guard and did not have the most elegant response to the confrontation, but the report of a concerted effort to harass a whole bunch of OCers across a city - as well as possessors of OCLs who may or may not be CCing at the moment - falls flat without names, dates, and possibly corroborating info such as police reports (or where we can FOIA such).

To the OP - the differnce between a war story and a fairy tale is the first begins with "So there I was" instead of "Once upon a time." They both end with "And they all went home to a warm supper, and lived happily ever after." I'm not saying you are telling us a war story/fairy tale, but there's sure a lot missing to convince me it's an AAR/sitrep.

stay safe.

PS - Oh, where are my manners? Welcome to OCDO.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Actually Skid, the OP typed "oci" not OCL, but then again he also said "occopy movent" and w/o getting into Latin or medical terms, I'll accept that he was referring to the Oregon license to carry and to the occupy movement.

So far we are unable to identify the group of affiliation, however, this is a dangerous individual due to his nature of approach. He will attempt to put you in a position where you feel threatened by his movements towards the rear of you. Please don't allow yourself to be drawn in by this individual, keep your distance, speak very little to him, and be aware of his intentions to cry wolf. This guy is very mentaly unstable.
There have been reports of als who are part of an anti-gun group, using similar tactics.

Some of us suspect these are the throw-backs from the "occopy movent". They baited the police several times, and they will attempt to bait you into conflict.
Unfortunately, media will not warn the law abiding citizen.

What further troubles me, is the reference to "we" and "some of us" = multiple people - or are others just discussing hearsay and there has been no police report or anything substantiated to report by the media?

Neither war stories nor fairy tales have confirmable nor cite-able facts as their basis, so there is found a common element for purposes of comparison here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What troubles me is that any of you are giving any bit of credence to to the OP who clearly is yanking your chains.

It is normal and customary to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is not policy to jump to locking or deleting threads/posts because something seems a bit out there, but we will ask for clarification.

Do you have personal insight or knowledge? BTW - it's alright to be troubled. :p

Ironbar

Do you have personal insight or knowledge?

Insight is defined as an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding. So yes, I have personal insight.

It's a shame that it seems to be so lacking in others on this forum.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It is normal and customary to give people the benefit of the doubt. It is not policy to jump to locking or deleting threads/posts because something seems a bit out there, but we will ask for clarification.

Do you have personal insight or knowledge? BTW - it's alright to be troubled. :p

I did not find the OP's postings to be outside the realm of possibilities...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

I did not find the OP's postings to be outside the realm of possibilities...

Nor did I - just not well documented and then avoidance of responding to direct questions. The OP was here for about 1 1/2 hours reading the responses; then made a somewhat similar, no detail, post on another thread and signed off. He hasn't been back.

He could still return and set the record straight. Until then we have an allegorical story that has every appearance of having been directed by someone not well schooled in how to respond.

Didn't cost a nickel to run this thread. Reading it and the replies offers good training to the newbie member/users on this forum. Many of old pharts probably thought, O'boy here we go again, but that's life.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Insight is defined as an instance of apprehending the true nature of a thing, especially through intuitive understanding. So yes, I have personal insight.

It's a shame that it seems to be so lacking in others on this forum.

Not that I disagree with the likely truth that we have a agent provocateur, driveby stirring the pot. Indeed almost every post was challenging the OP.

The administration does not proceed to censor or ban people based on insight, intuition or gut instinct. Better I think to give people enough rope to see where they tie the knots.

What is a unfortunate is that you would seem to presume to attack/shame others for offering him the opportunity to clear things up. We try to take the high road and to be fair. We put facts before emotions.