Thread: Quetion about OC in Harrisonburg-JMU area

Quetion about OC in Harrisonburg-JMU area

In the next week r so I will be traveling to Harrisonburg and staying for a few days. I just wanted to get a heads up about anything I should watch out for while there. Such as places that are not OC friendly or the attitude of LEO or whatever. So can anyone give me any heads up about things I should watch out for while OCing in Harrisonburg?

I'm out there on business regularly, have never had any issues. Just a few places I can think of offhand OC'ing are El Charro, Bob Evans, Best Western, Country Inn & Suites, Valley Surplus, a little Thai place I can't remember the name of...
    Recommend stopping in at Ashby Arms gunshop as well while in town.

I went to school at JMU and OC'd many times. Never had any issues.
    Last edited by hunter45; 10-22-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Great. Thanks for the replies. The last thing I want to deal with is flack over a legally owned and carried handgun while 5 hours from home and out of state. Here in Bristol, I haven't had any issues with OC except the funny looks and being chastised by the occasional hippie.

With H-burg being a college town, I half expect some freshman college kid from some state where firearms are nearly outlawed to see me out with a gun on my belt, panic and call the police with an exaggerated story about a crazy guy with a gun.