• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non Resident permit

Nascar24Glock

Does TN issue non resident permits, and if they do, how do I obtain one

Officially, Tennessee does not issue non-resident permits. However, as I understand it, if you work in Tennessee for six consecutive months, you can obtain a Tennessee permit (essentially, if you work here for six consecutive months, you are treated as a resident for purposes of the permit).

I should note that, if you're just coming here for occasional visits, don't worry about getting Tennessee's permit. Tennessee recognizes all out-of-state permits, even non-resident ones (like New Hampshire, if you're age 18-20).

EDIT: Just make sure you have a permit from some state! No form of carry (concealed, open, or car) is allowed without one.

Last edited: