• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How can local gun folks be so anti?

wrightme

OK boys first I did NOT come here to start problems. That being said show me. Show me what you do. And like I posted in ns lets just let it where it lies. That post is old this is new.

Greetings!

I encourage you to view with an open mind, and ask you to present a pleasant demeanor.

BTW, if you did not come here to start problems, I suggest that 'OK boys' is not the best salutation to begin with............

And, don't forget to note that OCDO isn't simply a group of like-minded Nevada firearm owners. It encompasses the ENTIRE US.

Last edited:

peckerwood1986

I am here to see how this site operates and how it fights for rights. You are right about the ok boys so I am sorry about that.

The Big Guy

Well we had a picnic a week or so ago in Henderson. I think we are trying to get a group together for a walk in a week or two. Take time to look at some of the recent threads. The where did you carry today thread is a good one.

There is also a nra grassroots workshop in Henderson wed night. Many of us do not belong to the NRA, but we are going anyway so our voice can be heard.

And be careful coming over here. You will be falsely accused of taking payouts.

Where's my share of the loot Steve? You been holdin' out again?

To PW1986...If you go through the threads here, and way back, you will see that the OC community is ready, willing and able with money, time and effort to make changes. We get involved, many just behind the scenes as well. You will also see that on a goodly number of occasions we don't agree on all issues. There has been some real heated discussions here. There is no agenda beyond the fact that we all believe in securing our rights and we will do what it takes to see they are not trampled on. Believe it or not there is no uniform agreement on the use of the County Range among the "users" of oc.org. (There is no official agenda to follow on oc.org.)

Per the gains made in Clark County, and other places as well, you will find that the driving force for these changes have been by the efforts of those who post on here. I'm not sure that the same could be said of other forums. We express and share ideas on how to best fight the war on our liberty and we get involved to the extent that is possible for each of us.

Once you look through the threads, if you still have questions, there are numerous people on here that can answer them. You are welcome to join us.

TBG

wrightme

I am here to see how this site operates and how it fights for rights. You are right about the ok boys so I am sorry about that.

This site operates like ANY web forum. It allows many individuals to come online and discuss topics. It is individuals here, speaking of what has been going on, and of what they are doing, either with or without other persons who also post here.

wrightme

Where's my share of the loot Steve? You been holdin' out again?

To PW1986...If you go through the threads here, and way back, you will see that the OC community is ready, willing and able with money, time and effort to make changes. We get involved, many just behind the scenes as well. You will also see that on a goodly number of occasions we don't agree on all issues. There has been some real heated discussions here. There is no agenda beyond the fact that we all believe in securing our rights and we will do what it takes to see they are not trampled on. Believe it or not there is no uniform agreement on the use of the County Range among the "users" of oc.org. (There is no official agenda to follow on oc.org.)
Per the gains made in Clark County, and other places as well, you will find that the driving force for these changes have been by the efforts of those who post on here. I'm not sure that the same could be said of other forums. We express and share ideas on how to best fight the war on our liberty and we get involved to the extent that is possible for each of us.

Once you look through the threads, if you still have questions, there are numerous people on here that can answer them. You are welcome to join us.

TBG

Well, except for 'OC about pistols, not about long guns.'

The Big Guy

Well, except for 'OC about pistols, not about long guns.'

I was speaking in the sense that there is no oc.org agenda telling us of an official stand on any issue related to OC as we have been accused, and as would be the case with an organization like the NRA or NVFAC. This is a user site not a membership site. The site has some rules but that is not the same as an agenda.

Did I clear that up?

TBG

wrightme

I was speaking in the sense that there is no oc.org agenda telling us of an official stand on any issue related to OC as we have been accused, and as would be the case with an organization like the NRA or NVFAC. This is a user site not a membership site. The site has some rules but that is not the same as an agenda.

Did I clear that up?

TBG

Perfectly, and yes, I do NOT disagree with that at all. :)

vegaspassat

OK boys first I did NOT come here to start problems. That being said show me. Show me what you do. And like I posted in ns lets just let it where it lies. That post is old this is new.

Hi Pecker, welcome to OCDO. I would say welcome to the dark side, but I honestly feel like that's where you just came from LOL. I (and I'm sure a few others on here) haven't read any of your posts on NS because we don't care to visit that site, so you are kind of starting with a clean slate over here. There is LOTS of really good, non-biased information as well as a lot of different opinions on this website. As was stated before the best place to start would be the "where did you carry today and how did it go" thread.

Tophog

There are only a couple guys there that like to stir things up.

In reality, I think some of us are really making a difference in the perception of OC over there. Stick around.

Good post, Mac

I just got done reading this thread, after going through the one on NS.

Darn near wore me out trying to figure who was pissed at who, who kissed and made up, and who had just given up going to the other place because their feelings got hurt.

Seemed like lots of people were cranky, and needed a nap time like my grandkids!

Tophog

After waking up this morning and seeing the hate and complete lack of understanding. I am done. Must be lots of cali transplants over there. Not the good kind who left for the right reasons. The bad kind that want to spread cali to others it seems.

Hey, now, watch it with that CA transplant stuff! Hahaha!!!!

I hope I came for the good reasons.

-

About that other crap in that thread, that's all it is. (Wish now that I had seen it yesterday.) Funny how people can be opinionated without all the facts, or even a fair share of the facts.

I've been a member here since '09, and never heard before that OCDO or it's members were on the take, or anything else derogatory like that.

I'm not real active here, more of a lurker, but I did participate in the NLV trash cleanup organized by Tim Ferrell way back when.

And I was the one who started the thread on NS called 'Trouble in Paradise, Vegas style!' (4/7/10)

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=4141&highlight=Paradise

I was hoping to get positive responses then, but that thread got rather heated at times, with people either applauding Tim, or calling him an idiot. It went on for about 31 pages.

It's sad when people are so pissed off that they won't go to another forum, when it all revolves around the same subject . . . guns!

-------------------------------

On another note, best of luck to Tim! We need more people like him.

Last edited:

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I try to stay away from there

Got you beat.

The guy running one of their sponsoring companies (which shall remain nameless, but the initials are "S-U-A-R-E-Z") got upset when I pointed out that his school's doctrines were taken from Gunsite, except for the ones which made no sense. Rather than explain how his "advanced" doctrines were better, he just had me banned.

Tophog

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate that.

Maybe that's a reason they made me a Mod. I always thought it was because I was such a big mouth, it was better to put me to some positive use there. Haha!

chrsjhnsn

I like nv shooters, I like oc org.
Also active in calguns and used to be very active on the high road and TFL.

no need to stereo type ppl, moved to NV because - while I love Cali - not being able to own/carry got to me, still their are great gun rights folks doing hard work in cali.

I love OC, I cant live anywhere its illegal because I just do not have the money to buy fancy conceal gear, I only own a glock 22 pistol right now, not the best for concealing unless wintertime, even so....no need for us to fight among ourselves....

OC is great, even if you oc most of the time oc being legal prevents costly headaches.
in places like Tx FL etc that are supposed to be pro gun you can get in how water if you accidentally oc...

I thinks its great we vote with our dollars, why should I spend money at a place that hates me?

anyway nv shooters.oc nv - we are all on the same team.

Tophog

anyway nv shooters.oc nv - we are all on the same team.

Haha! You would think so. But start a thread on NS that says "Water Is Wet", and you'll have someone disagreeing by the third reply! It's just the way people are.

turborich

I don't know guys, Nobody has ever said anything negative to me over at Nevada Shooters. It's the same as any other forum. A bunch of people expressing their views and looking for good info. Not any different from here really.

Vegassteve

I don't know guys, Nobody has ever said anything negative to me over at Nevada Shooters. It's the same as any other forum. A bunch of people expressing their views and looking for good info. Not any different from here really.

I guess you missed the post from that other forum that accused us of taking bribes? Or maybe the threads berating Tim for standing up to metro?

It is very different from here.