3 16.67%
  • Tied

2 11.11%
  • Neither

3 16.67%

Thread: Who Won The Third Debate

Who Won The Third Debate

just wanted to see what you thought
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned

Is Schieffer going to give Obama the last word every time??

One time, Romney forced the final word in, but time and again, Schieffer gives Obama the last word and then poses a new question either to Romney or Obama.

I'd like to see the count when the debate is over how many times Obama was given the last word and how many times Romney had to take the last word.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Without even watching the debate I voted neither.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Jumping the gun a bit? Let's wait for closing statements before deciding who we think won.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Jumping the gun a bit? Let's wait for closing statements before deciding who we think won.
    From the past two debates I took away that they mostly agree on statist big government just disagree on how statist big government should be implemented and by whom. I feel this debate will be no different.

I thought you'd say Herman Cain.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Banned
    Now that the debate is over, it is time for useful comments.

The WSJ talking head nailed it: Obama was looking for an argument. Romney wanted a discussion. Schieffer did his damnedest to give Obama every chance to interrupt and get the last word.

Obama came off a rancorous, Romney, considered. Since Romney would not rise to Obama's bait (not that he should have), this was a yawner. No winner, no loser. I predict little to no change in the polls.
    Last edited by eye95; 10-22-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Now that the debate is over, it is time for useful comments.

The WSJ talking head nailed it: Obama was looking for an argument. Romney wanted a discussion. Schieffer did his damnedest to give Obama every chance to interrupt and get the last word.

Obama came off a rancorous, Romney, considered. Since Romney would not rise to Obama's bait (not that he should have), this was a yawner. No winner, no loser. I predict little to no change in the polls.
    I suppose the only useful comment would be Romney won or Obama won......oh wait you think neither won either.

The answer to that will be decided in a couple of weeks. For a real poll watch the national polls in the next week.

with the continuous stream of narcissistic interruptions obamao really came off looking like the horse's-biden that he is

Founder's Club Member
    Who cares who gets the last word.

They're both politicians--liars. Its like asking who gets to tell the last lie.

Moreover, its just theater. The debates are well controlled. Plenty about that recently on internet media.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-23-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Who Won the Third Debate?

Big government won.

Its telling that is not even an option in the poll at the top of the page.

This stuff is all theater, guys. As Andrew Napolitano asked, "What if there are more than two sides to the story?"

Also, ever since the parties took over debate sponsorship from the League of Women Voters, these things are more and more managed. I think the negotiated agreement arranging the second debate, its topics, camera angles, etc, is already on-line.
    Last edited by Citizen; 10-23-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

One time, Romney forced the final word in, but time and again, Schieffer gives Obama the last word and then poses a new question either to Romney or Obama.

I'd like to see the count when the debate is over how many times Obama was given the last word and how many times Romney had to take the last word.
    That's not much of an advantage when his last word is always a stupid or transparently dishonest one.

Nobody makes Obama look worse than Obama himself.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Debate: Don't know, don't care.

Game 7 NLCS: Giants

MNF: Da Bears
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

In the real world, Pres. Obama kicked ass. Romney agreed with most every foreign policy item that Pres. Obama has followed.
    Last edited by beebobby; 10-23-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Last edited by beebobby; 10-23-2012 at 11:10 AM.