• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Won The Third Debate

Who Won the Third Debate

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Tied

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

eye95

Is Schieffer going to give Obama the last word every time??

One time, Romney forced the final word in, but time and again, Schieffer gives Obama the last word and then poses a new question either to Romney or Obama.

I'd like to see the count when the debate is over how many times Obama was given the last word and how many times Romney had to take the last word.

sudden valley gunner

Jumping the gun a bit? Let's wait for closing statements before deciding who we think won.

From the past two debates I took away that they mostly agree on statist big government just disagree on how statist big government should be implemented and by whom. I feel this debate will be no different.

I thought you'd say Herman Cain.:lol:

eye95

Now that the debate is over, it is time for useful comments.

The WSJ talking head nailed it: Obama was looking for an argument. Romney wanted a discussion. Schieffer did his damnedest to give Obama every chance to interrupt and get the last word.

Obama came off a rancorous, Romney, considered. Since Romney would not rise to Obama's bait (not that he should have), this was a yawner. No winner, no loser. I predict little to no change in the polls.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Now that the debate is over, it is time for useful comments.

The WSJ talking head nailed it: Obama was looking for an argument. Romney wanted a discussion. Schieffer did his damnedest to give Obama every chance to interrupt and get the last word.

Obama came off a rancorous, Romney, considered. Since Romney would not rise to Obama's bait (not that he should have), this was a yawner. No winner, no loser. I predict little to no change in the polls.

I suppose the only useful comment would be Romney won or Obama won......oh wait you think neither won either.:rolleyes:

wmodavis

The answer to that will be decided in a couple of weeks. For a real poll watch the national polls in the next week.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Who cares who gets the last word.

They're both politicians--liars. Its like asking who gets to tell the last lie.

Moreover, its just theater. The debates are well controlled. Plenty about that recently on internet media.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Who Won the Third Debate?

Big government won.

Its telling that is not even an option in the poll at the top of the page.

This stuff is all theater, guys. As Andrew Napolitano asked, "What if there are more than two sides to the story?"

Also, ever since the parties took over debate sponsorship from the League of Women Voters, these things are more and more managed. I think the negotiated agreement arranging the second debate, its topics, camera angles, etc, is already on-line.

Last edited:

Deanimator

One time, Romney forced the final word in, but time and again, Schieffer gives Obama the last word and then poses a new question either to Romney or Obama.

I'd like to see the count when the debate is over how many times Obama was given the last word and how many times Romney had to take the last word.
That's not much of an advantage when his last word is always a stupid or transparently dishonest one.

Nobody makes Obama look worse than Obama himself.

beebobby

In the real world, Pres. Obama kicked ass. Romney agreed with most every foreign policy item that Pres. Obama has followed.

Last edited: