Thread: Good county for fast Non-Res LTCF ?

Regular Member The_Pennsylvanian's Avatar

Good county for fast Non-Res LTCF ?

Going home to visit in Huntingdon and Lancaster County. I want to pick up my non-Res LTCF while there, and am looking for a speedy, efficient S.O. to cash and carry the License. Huntingdon is out, as the Sheriff may be biased against me from his days as a municpial borough officer. Does anyone have any suggestions ?
    WI CCL # 27,4XX

I recall before PA changed their laws to in person only, a popular one was Centre County, might try them as they are close to your travels.

In addition to Centre County's Sheriff Danny Nau, who has been the go-to guy for non-res licenses, I believe I have recently read of very favorable experiences from York, Lancaster, and Bucks Counties in issuing NR licenses.

Call ahead and see...

Lancaster County Sheriff's Office
    Mark S. Reese, Sheriff
    50 North Duke Street
    PO BOX 83480Lancaster, PA 17608-3480
    Phone: (717) 299-8200

Sheriff's Office of York County
    Richard P. Keuerleber

Pistol Permit Office
    45 North George Street
    York, Pennsylvania 17401
    717-771-9349

Sheriff's Office
    Edward J. Donnelly
    Bucks County Court House
    55 E. Court Street
    1st Floor
    Doylestown, PA 18901
    Ph: 215-348-6124

Edited to add: The York County Sheriff website actually has instructions for non-resident applicants.

http://yorkcountypa.gov/courts-crimi...s-permits.html
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 10-24-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

I have been recently researching the same thing, I found that Berks county will issue the permit the day you apply if everything goes through ok.

Wow, to make it easy for you Berks County post a schedule of the different locations and the days of the month that they will be there. I think I need to take a ride to Cabela's with a stop at the Sheriff's Office.
    Link: http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/Sheri...nFirearms.aspx
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Regular Member The_Pennsylvanian's Avatar
    Thanks for the information everyone, especially you Curmudgeon. I haven't gone for one yet, but I OC'd all around Huntingdon yesterday with no issues. Open Carry really IS a matter of presentation. If you present.t yourself well, people don't even notice the gun.
    And I carry a full size 1911 so it ain't like my sidearm is tiny ! All this time I thought that the Wisconsinites were just that oblivious, lol.
    WI CCL # 27,4XX

Greetings all. My wife and I will be driving down to Florida in October for a week and then will be driving back to Connecticut. We are in the process of getting our permits in order. We should have our CT permit by the time we leave. When we get to Florida, we will be applying for a non-res permit. On the way back, we want to stop and apply for a PA non-res permit.

Is Berks county still the best/easiest/same day place to go to? And what forms and information would we need for this? I know we would need our CT permit but what else?

We are mainly trying to get the permits we would need to make safe journeys. We live in CT but travel to VA, FL, TN and GA. I think that having a resident CT permit and non-res permits from FL and PA, would have us covered for the states we would travel except NJ and NY. We can avoid NJ and make a quick (FOPA compliant) trip through NY.

Quote Originally Posted by heckle View Post
    Greetings all. My wife and I will be driving down to Florida in October for a week and then will be driving back to Connecticut. We are in the process of getting our permits in order. We should have our CT permit by the time we leave. When we get to Florida, we will be applying for a non-res permit. On the way back, we want to stop and apply for a PA non-res permit.

Is Berks county still the best/easiest/same day place to go to? And what forms and information would we need for this? I know we would need our CT permit but what else?

We are mainly trying to get the permits we would need to make safe journeys. We live in CT but travel to VA, FL, TN and GA. I think that having a resident CT permit and non-res permits from FL and PA, would have us covered for the states we would travel except NJ and NY. We can avoid NJ and make a quick (FOPA compliant) trip through NY.

Lancaster was very Aaccomodating issuing mine and my wife's NR permits. We were able to wait and even though they were Crazy busy , we were on our way in about l.5 hours.

Thumbs up Centre County still does it right!

Me and my father stopped at the Sheriff's office in Bellefonte. My dad got his first LTCF and I did an address change.
    Extremely helpful front desk staff and we were out in 20 minutes or less.
    We're both IL residents. If you're a camper Bald Eagle State Park is nearby.

York county is not friendly. I found 3 violations by reading his application instructions. Perhaps the sheriff should follow the law as he is paid to do.

1. He says SSN is voluntary, but if he finds a record and thinks its you but can't confirm then you will be denied. This is a federal law violation. He should consider abiding by the federal privacy act.

2. He states non-residents must have business,family, or property in York county. This is not in the law and is illegal.

3. The fee is $20 for the permit, he takes unlawful liberty by making it an application fee.

The sheriff does not follow federal law, nor does he follow state law. That makes him a criminal.
    Last edited by Jared; 07-16-2013 at 07:59 PM.