• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Texas-certified firearms instructors in VA - particularly NOVA?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Met a gentleman at a gun show this past weekend who is from Texas, here temporarily for work. His Texas concealed-carry permit is expiring in a few months and he has to re-certify this time around.

I told him I would ask to see if anyone knows of a TX-certified firearms instructor in the area who could help him out.

The issue of getting a VA non-resident permit is a separate issue. Right now, his preferred solution would be someone from Texas.

Please contact me directly if you know of someone.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Thanks, Jim. If that is the case, he'll just have to fly back there for a while, or get a VA non-resident, then not carry in TX until he re-acquires his certification.

I'll have him verify. Seemed like a good idea at the time <grin>.

(ETA: Verified ... you're correct. Cite )

Last edited:

KBCraig

Thanks, Jim. If that is the case, he'll just have to fly back there for a while, or get a VA non-resident, then not carry in TX until he re-acquires his certification.

Eh? A Virginia license is honored by Texas.

Yes, he has to renew in Texas, but he can carry using his VA license in Texas for as long as he wishes (and it remains valid).

Tess

Founder's Club Member