Thread: Hello fellow cheeseheads!!

Hello fellow cheeseheads!!

So a bit about myself:

I'm Ryan AKA Spykez (spikes...old highschool nickname that never died out), moved up here from IL last year ( I know...please don't hold it against me ) aaaand finally doing the carry thing. I've always been a supporter of any carry rights and we fought hard for it in IL, and yet we still got nothing!!

Well I have had pistols for a while but the carry idea always made me nervous until I found a group on facebook called Wisconsin Carry INC. Learned A LOT just interacting with the members there and tonight one of the members is taking me under his wing to walk around with me, give me pointers and so forth.

So glad to be on here and hope to learn as much as I can from all of you as well. Already got all the stickies opened and ready for some reading

Regular Member The_Pennsylvanian's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO, there is a wealth of information here, and, as a fellow transplant I can recommend that you CANNOT LEARN ENOUGH ! Feel free to ask any questions, the folks here are more than helpful !
    WI CCL # 27,4XX

Banned
    Welcome to the board....

Go Bears !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Welcome to the board....

Go Bears !
    haha you know, even living in IL my whole life I HATE the bears, and I don't even watch football!!

GO BLACKHAWKS <3 haha

You're not kidding about the plethora of information, I ate dinner while reading haha! I plan on attending every CC class that pops up from Wisconsin Carry INC just to get advice and point of views from multiple instructors.

Welcome to sconny. There is a lot of information here and on the WCI Facebook pages.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Welcome aboard.
    You'll find that there's a good deal of overlap in the membership here & on the WI Carry FB page.
    One big difference is that not everyone there is supportive of OC, but AFAIK everyone here pretty much has the attitude of "if you want to conceal, that's OK for you, but it's not always my choice".
    Quote Originally Posted by Spykez
    I plan on attending every CC class that pops up from Wisconsin Carry INC just to get advice and point of views from multiple instructors.
    They're supposed to use a standardized curriculum & powerpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Centurion

The Loitering Charge Dismissed! Outstanding! Now, maybe a lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Welcome aboard.
    You'll find that there's a good deal of overlap in the membership here & on the WI Carry FB page.
    One big difference is that not everyone there is supportive of OC, but AFAIK everyone here pretty much has the attitude of "if you want to conceal, that's OK for you, but it's not always my choice".

They're supposed to use a standardized curriculum & powerpoint.
    I am so glad that the loitering charge has been dismissed. Please keep us informed of any more activity. The Milwaukee PD needs to be taught a lesson, any you MKEgal needs to be made whole.

Welcome aboard, stick around a while and read, study and increase your cranial capabilities.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spykez View Post
    haha you know, even living in IL my whole life I HATE the bears, and I don't even watch football!!

GO BLACKHAWKS <3 haha

Blackhawks disappointed after that great cup run ... dismantled the team .. must have been $$$ issues

here come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks lalalala lalala
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-24-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Welcome to the cheesehead state. Not the Swiss type of cheese, full of holes AKA airheads. There are a few out there who believe guns are evil.
    On this blog hopefully the cheeseheads are without holes. I too was queasy about OC even though my leo buddy encouraged me. Heard dreadful stories about Miluwakee and Madison. But decided to OC and thus far no problems, probably bec I am in Western WI. Not too long ago if the state had split, I would have been in the state of Superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Welcome to the cheesehead state. Not the Swiss type of cheese, full of holes AKA airheads. There are a few out there who believe guns are evil.
    On this blog hopefully the cheeseheads are without holes. I too was queasy about OC even though my leo buddy encouraged me. Heard dreadful stories about Miluwakee and Madison. But decided to OC and thus far no problems, probably bec I am in Western WI. Not too long ago if the state had split, I would have been in the state of Superior.
    I live in Shawano county; and I'm always in a superior state...

Go Bears
    Go Cubs
    Go Blackhawks
    Go Bulls...
    then there's the "Black-Sox" ; and they can Go to hell
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    It would be a good thing if all the LACs of Illinois moved up here and all our criminals moved down there....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.