• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello fellow cheeseheads!!

Spykez

So a bit about myself:

I'm Ryan AKA Spykez (spikes...old highschool nickname that never died out), moved up here from IL last year ( I know...please don't hold it against me :lol: ) aaaand finally doing the carry thing. I've always been a supporter of any carry rights and we fought hard for it in IL, and yet we still got nothing!!

Well I have had pistols for a while but the carry idea always made me nervous until I found a group on facebook called Wisconsin Carry INC. Learned A LOT just interacting with the members there and tonight one of the members is taking me under his wing to walk around with me, give me pointers and so forth.

So glad to be on here and hope to learn as much as I can from all of you as well. Already got all the stickies opened and ready for some reading :D

The_Pennsylvanian

Welcome to OCDO, there is a wealth of information here, and, as a fellow transplant I can recommend that you CANNOT LEARN ENOUGH ! Feel free to ask any questions, the folks here are more than helpful !

Spykez

Welcome to the board....

Go Bears !

haha you know, even living in IL my whole life I HATE the bears, and I don't even watch football!!

GO BLACKHAWKS <3 haha

You're not kidding about the plethora of information, I ate dinner while reading haha! I plan on attending every CC class that pops up from Wisconsin Carry INC just to get advice and point of views from multiple instructors.

protias

Welcome to sconny. There is a lot of information here and on the WCI Facebook pages.

MKEgal

Welcome aboard.
You'll find that there's a good deal of overlap in the membership here & on the WI Carry FB page.
One big difference is that not everyone there is supportive of OC, but AFAIK everyone here pretty much has the attitude of "if you want to conceal, that's OK for you, but it's not always my choice".
Spykez said:
I plan on attending every CC class that pops up from Wisconsin Carry INC just to get advice and point of views from multiple instructors.
They're supposed to use a standardized curriculum & powerpoint.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
The Loitering Charge Dismissed! Outstanding! Now, maybe a lawsuit?

Welcome aboard.
You'll find that there's a good deal of overlap in the membership here & on the WI Carry FB page.
One big difference is that not everyone there is supportive of OC, but AFAIK everyone here pretty much has the attitude of "if you want to conceal, that's OK for you, but it's not always my choice".

They're supposed to use a standardized curriculum & powerpoint.

I am so glad that the loitering charge has been dismissed. Please keep us informed of any more activity. The Milwaukee PD needs to be taught a lesson, any you MKEgal needs to be made whole.

davidmcbeth

Banned
haha you know, even living in IL my whole life I HATE the bears, and I don't even watch football!!

GO BLACKHAWKS <3 haha

Blackhawks disappointed after that great cup run ... dismantled the team :( .. must have been $$$ issues

here come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks lalalala lalala

Last edited:

Law abider

Welcome to the cheesehead state. Not the Swiss type of cheese, full of holes AKA airheads. There are a few out there who believe guns are evil.
On this blog hopefully the cheeseheads are without holes. I too was queasy about OC even though my leo buddy encouraged me. Heard dreadful stories about Miluwakee and Madison. But decided to OC and thus far no problems, probably bec I am in Western WI. Not too long ago if the state had split, I would have been in the state of Superior.

Lurchiron

Welcome to the cheesehead state. Not the Swiss type of cheese, full of holes AKA airheads. There are a few out there who believe guns are evil.
On this blog hopefully the cheeseheads are without holes. I too was queasy about OC even though my leo buddy encouraged me. Heard dreadful stories about Miluwakee and Madison. But decided to OC and thus far no problems, probably bec I am in Western WI. Not too long ago if the state had split, I would have been in the state of Superior.

I live in Shawano county; and I'm always in a superior state... :dude:

Go Bears
Go Cubs
Go Blackhawks
Go Bulls...
then there's the "Black-Sox" ; and they can Go to hell :eek:

saiga12boy

So a bit about myself:

I'm Ryan AKA Spykez (spikes...old highschool nickname that never died out), moved up here from IL last year ( I know...please don't hold it against me :lol: ) aaaand finally doing the carry thing. I've always been a supporter of any carry rights and we fought hard for it in IL, and yet we still got nothing!!

Well I have had pistols for a while but the carry idea always made me nervous until I found a group on facebook called Wisconsin Carry INC. Learned A LOT just interacting with the members there and tonight one of the members is taking me under his wing to walk around with me, give me pointers and so forth.

So glad to be on here and hope to learn as much as I can from all of you as well. Already got all the stickies opened and ready for some reading :D

Good choice with moving to Wisconsin there you can actually carry a gun off of your property. That was a wise choice.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
It would be a good thing if all the LACs of Illinois moved up here and all our criminals moved down there....
2w2gf0p.jpg