• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mitt Romney to campaign in Virginia Beach Sunday OC related.

ocholsteroc

http://www.wvec.com/my-city/vabeach/Mitt-Romney-to-campaign-in-Virginia-Beach-175457331.html
VIRGINIA BEACH -- Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is returning to Hampton Roads this weekend.

Romney will attend a rally Sunday, Oct. 28 at the Farm Bureau Live Amphitheater in Virginia Beach.

The doors open at 6:15 p.m. and the event will begin at 8:15 p.m

I got ticekts to go then I notice on the paper it said, "All attendees will go through airport-like security"
No bags, sharp objects, umbrellas, liquids or signs will be allowed in the venue. Cameras are permitted.

I see nothing about guns, do you think I would get kicked out for OCing?

Last edited:

scouser

From VA Beach Amphitheater Live Nation Site

General Rules
All items are subject to change per artist restrictions.
NO bottles, coolers, or pets.
NO weapons or recording devices are permitted.
Blankets and cushions are allowed (restricted on some shows).
Call venue for more info. .. snip

That's the venue's rules. Did you really expect anything different?

TFred

Just to save you a little time in the future, there are no places or circumstances under which the general public will ever be allowed in the immediate vicinity of a presidential candidate under Secret Service protection without having been cleared for weapons.

There are no laws at any level of government which will override this simple fact.

And no, I'm not going to waste the time it would take to look up the cite for it, because this is one of those cases where the cite really doesn't matter. :)

TFred

Shoobee

Just to save you a little time in the future, there are no places or circumstances under which the general public will ever be allowed in the immediate vicinity of a presidential candidate under Secret Service protection without having been cleared for weapons.

There are no laws at any level of government which will override this simple fact.

And no, I'm not going to waste the time it would take to look up the cite for it, because this is one of those cases where the cite really doesn't matter. :)

TFred

I just hope that the SS is doing a really good job. Since Obama got Osama, he is probably a marked man with Al Qaeda now.

I don't think Romney has anything to worry about. Except maybe from China. Mostly due to his currency manipulator comments so far.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The swing states are Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, NC, and a few other cats and dogs.

You can bet that both Obama and Romney will be campaigning in all of them during the next 2 weeks while this chess game reaches its endgame.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map

Obama just gave up on NC and is working on Wisconsin. Virginia is still borderline.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/team-obama-n.c.-gone.-is-va.-next/article/2511495#.UIeX31GVx7S

Last edited:

TFred

The swing states are Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, NC, and a few other cats and dogs.

You can bet that both Obama and Romney will be campaigning in all of them during the next 2 weeks while this chess game reaches its endgame.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/2012/romney-vs-obama-electoral-map
I'm pretty sure I like the University of Colorado's electoral map prediction model more than I like the HuffPo's model.

August article.
October update.
University of Colorado news release.

TFred

August graph:

electoralmapberrybicker-620x402.png

cyras21

TFred

Wasn't someone carrying at Obama's event at Ida Lee in Leesburg last year?

Shoobee

I'm pretty sure I like the University of Colorado's electoral map prediction model more than I like the HuffPo's model.

August article.
October update.
University of Colorado news release.

TFred

August graph:

electoralmapberrybicker-620x402.png

This is Romney's dream map for results, and about summarizes the miracle he needs to accomplish to catch up and win.

Ohio is very unlikely for Romney since he spoke out against the car company bailout.

Pa is also very unlike for him. However he needs both.

He won't get both. He might not even get Colorado, even though there are a fair amount of like minded non drinking mormons in Colorado.

We shall see, in 2 more weeks.