• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thursday lunch 10-25-2012 - centreville

Nicholas A.

I was wondering if anyone would be up for doing a lunch on thursday the 25th, in the centerville area say around 1-130ish? I dont know most of virginia outside of centerville and dulles area so not sure how gun friendly they are or the like but I am open to suggestions for those areas I'd love to hear them

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
We have found that it is often better to follow the "Post it and they will come" rule. Don't ask who is up for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks/coffee or ask where everybody would like to meet. Pick a place, pick a time, and tell folks you will be there.

It is nice to see a Marylander coming to Virginia to experience what gun freedom is like. Is there any chance we could convince you to mover here (even if it means you would be in Northern Virginia)?

stay safe.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I was wondering if anyone would be up for doing a lunch on thursday the 25th, in the centerville area say around 1-130ish? I dont know most of virginia outside of centerville and dulles area so not sure how gun friendly they are or the like but I am open to suggestions for those areas I'd love to hear them

I would be happy to join you except for the fact that I have an in-home physical therapist visiting tomorrow. Thing is, I don't know what time she will arrive but if it is early, I could meet up with you. I'll know in a few hours.

Bob1

Sure, I'll join you. Maybe Five Guys Burgers on the southwest corner of 28 & 29?

I've never been to that one so it's probably worth a call to ensure they aren't posted.

Post back if it's a go. Or pick another location if burgers aren't your thing.

Arma1911

I am a longshot to attend as I already have a work related luncheon that I must go to. But IF I get done early I'd like to stop by and say hello to you all just to meet some of the local OCers.

Nicholas A.

Five guys sounds good to me, I haven't been able to get through as of yet due to a busy line, but if they end up being a no go there are several other places in the shopping center. To Skid, I've been tossing the idea around of moving to VA although currently I'm in college which will keep me up in maryland at least until I'm out of school.

For lunch I'd say 1:30 at Five Guys at 6017 Centreville Crest Lane Centreville, VA 20121. Worst case if they end up being a no go, then we can figure out lunch from that point and to those that do come thank you, this will basically be my first real open carry time

SouthernBoy

I've open carried to two Five Guys in my area (Gainesville and Manassas) without any problem whatsoever. I haven't heard from my PT lady yet, but she should be calling shortly to verify a time. If I have a choice, I ask for a morning session. In either case, I'll let you folks know as soon as I know.

BTW, don't call them to ask. You don't know who you'll get on the line and they may know nothing about policy and just assume that firearms are not allowed.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I've never had a problem at ANY Five Guys in Fairfax County .....

Don't think I'll be out that way tomorrow, but will let spouse know since he works out that way.

SouthernBoy

I just got a call from my PT lady and she's going to be at my home between 2:30 and 3:00. Is there any change the lunch can be moved up to 1:00 so that I can attend? I could still make it at 1:30, but I would have to eat quick and leave to make sure I don't miss my appointment.

Nicholas A.

1pm can work. so I will be at Five Guys at 1pm at 6017 Centreville Crest Lane Centreville, VA 20121. See any and everyone there

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sure, I'll join you. Maybe Five Guys Burgers on the southwest corner of 28 & 29?

I've never been to that one so it's probably worth a call to ensure they aren't posted.

Post back if it's a go. Or pick another location if burgers aren't your thing.

Bob1 -

We encourage folks not to call ahead or write to ask. Sure, it's polite but it makes folks think that it is probably safer to say "No". And that's what you usually get, unless the place has seen regular OC groups (not just individual OCers) in the past. Words to live by regarding this topic.

It is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission.

stay safe.

SouthernBoy

Although there may have only been three of us, it was well worth the effort to show up. Nice to have met you Nicholas A. and as always, it was good to see Bob1 again... a real Virginia gentleman. Thanks for the nice lunch and interesting conversation.

Nicholas A.

Was very nice to meet both you Southernboy and Bob1 and thank you for a nice first real open carry time.