• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEO Open Carry. Great new educational OC site for NE Ohio!!

NEOOpenCarry

Our site is completely about the education and promotion of OC in Ohio. Check it out.

My brother and I are avid gun rights open carry, and second amendment advocates, and we have just launched neoopencarry.org. It stands for Northeast Ohio Open Carry, and while our focus is in the Akron/Canton/Youngstown/Cleveland area, we advocate state-wide. We are JUST starting the site so excuse us if there are still a few bugs to work out, but the information is great. It compiles all important laws, court cases, and info you need to open carry in Ohio. We even list the Ohio Revised Code documents of crimes that LE try and charge you or scare you with and why they cannot charge you with that for exercising a legal right. We also include a full "encounters with law enforcement" section and try our best to help you survive a LE encounter, as well as a useful sights section that is great for Ohio, and nationwide. In addition to the info part of our site, we also are trying to arrange walks and get as many people interested and active as possible. We even have a section for you to request an event in your area. If everyone could please check it out and let me know what you think either by replying on here or sending me an email at*neoopencarry@yahoo.com, I would greatly appreciate it. Please leave any constructive feedback or suggestions. Also, if you are interested in doing a walk in your area, LET ME KNOW! We would love to make it happen. We will be armed with flyers, business cards, and of course, our firearms. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone enjoys the site!

NEOOpenCarry

Better holsters

Hope you educate yourself and get better holsters for those guns...

My brother had his concealed carry holster on but has since bought a brand new open carry holster. As far as mine, it is great for open carry. It attaches by both belt and clip to be totally secure, has a solid plastic attachment on the button that allows for very easy draw, it has excellent retention, and even has an extra magazine pouch. Here is a link to a youtube video explaining more about this holster and why it works so well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0P-kdnhwHo

My brother bought this same brand for his FN as well. We are also very educated on the issue and are really looking forward to getting out and doing some OC walks.

Hareuhal

My brother had his concealed carry holster on but has since bought a brand new open carry holster. As far as mine, it is great for open carry. It attaches by both belt and clip to be totally secure, has a solid plastic attachment on the button that allows for very easy draw, it has excellent retention, and even has an extra magazine pouch. Here is a link to a youtube video explaining more about this holster and why it works so well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0P-kdnhwHo

My brother bought this same brand for his FN as well. We are also very educated on the issue and are really looking forward to getting out and doing some OC walks.

I have that same holster, and while I will admit it does function nicely and is good quality, I stopped using it after I purchased a small leather holster for half the price. The ReadyHolster is too bulky, after wearing it for hours on end, it hurt.

Plus I found the magazine holster nice, until I realized how pointless it was. I'm a lefty and I draw on my left side, if I need to reload....that's going to be awkward. Instead, I chose just to load 16 in the mag and one in the chamber, no need for another magazine.

I would also suggest getting a different holster, once you've worn one that's lighter you'll never go back.

NEOOpenCarry

holster

I have that same holster, and while I will admit it does function nicely and is good quality, I stopped using it after I purchased a small leather holster for half the price. The ReadyHolster is too bulky, after wearing it for hours on end, it hurt.

Plus I found the magazine holster nice, until I realized how pointless it was. I'm a lefty and I draw on my left side, if I need to reload....that's going to be awkward. Instead, I chose just to load 16 in the mag and one in the chamber, no need for another magazine.

I would also suggest getting a different holster, once you've worn one that's lighter you'll never go back.

I will definitely check that out. I have not tried one of the leather ones yet. I do enjoy the ready holster though. It is bulky, but compared to the hard plastic paddle holster I used before, it is much more secure and easier to draw. Thanks.

JSlack7851

I couldn't notice your cool map about OC. It says it was taken from OC.ORG. Was that with permission, or without permission? Just off the top of my head, copyright infringement comes to mind.. just saying...

Who's got the link to them carrying inside? I'm ready for a chuckle...

Last edited:

NEOOpenCarry

I couldn't notice your cool map about OC. It says it was taken from OC.ORG. Was that with permission, or without permission? Just off the top of my head, copyright infringement comes to mind.. just saying...

Who's got the link to them carrying inside? I'm ready for a chuckle...

First, thank you for bringing that point up. I was under the impression that if I credited them with the picture and did not try to pass it off as my own, that it was legal. I could be wrong though. Until I can clear this up I have removed the picture from my site. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Second, the picture of us is on the about us page at the bottom. Our only intent (as was the caption of the picture) was to show what we were carrying and how we were carrying it. It was easier to do inside, with light, than without. Due to the multiple posts, we see that it is important to also have a picture of us actually using the holsters outside in an OC. We will have those posted by tonight. Thanks again for the post.

Hareuhal

First, thank you for bringing that point up. I was under the impression that if I credited them with the picture and did not try to pass it off as my own, that it was legal. I could be wrong though. Until I can clear this up I have removed the picture from my site. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Second, the picture of us is on the about us page at the bottom. Our only intent (as was the caption of the picture) was to show what we were carrying and how we were carrying it. It was easier to do inside, with light, than without. Due to the multiple posts, we see that it is important to also have a picture of us actually using the holsters outside in an OC. We will have those posted by tonight. Thanks again for the post.

It is illegal without their permission, which is why OhioOC.org didn't use theirs (plus, we're not OC.org, so not point in using their image).