• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike

I'm getting out the Army on Tuesday after 3 years with an Honorable Discharge.

I have 2 years experience in Customer Service with a strong focus on IT and Network management.

I was 13F (Forward Observer) in the Army.

I know those really don't qualify me for too many things, however I'm just looking for work. Anything from customer service to manual labor.

If you guys have any leads or know someone who's hiring give me a shout!

Sent from my iPhone.

DocWalker

Check with USAJOBS, I know it is the begining of the fiscal year and there are a lot of jobs posted. The VA has a lot posted and as a veteran you get some preferance points.

SeattleWingsfan

As a business owner I get guys stoping in all the time looking for work. Unfortunatly I get alot of people claiming to be able to do things that they can't. Thats my biggest pet peeve. tell me you can learn or you will start at lower pay and accept more money as you pick up skills. Do not tell me you can Tig weld and then jump on the Mig welder when I tell you to run a test Tig bead.

I know it's hard out there. I have three good friends that just got out and are looking hard for work. I'll add you to the list. Anything in particular you are good at? I'll keep an eye out.

Strike

Computers, Networking, Low Voltage Installs, etc. I'm not too picky though.

Sent from my iPhone.

Scvette

If you don't get seasick we're always looking for guys,the company is also building another new boat and we will be looking for about 40 guys to get into a rotation.
It's the hardest work you will ever do,plus add in the weather factor and it makes it even worse,but the advancement is fast,the boat I run we have had 3 guys move up and get there 1st mates license in about 4yrs. I've had some pretty good guys that are ex military and have worked out great,but then again some have not made it due to seasickness. Our trips are anywhere from 2 weeks to 45 days,depending on the time of year,if you might be interested send me a pm and ill tell you more about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.