• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Dalles Home Depot

purlrider

This will be a Readers Digest version.
I live in The Dalles. I open carry all the time. Not just here in The Dalles but Portland and Vancouver as well. Last Friday The Home Depot here informed me I could no longer open carry in the store contrary to corporate policy. I called the regional office. They elected to stand behind the decision. I decided to have a 3’ x 6’ banner made that said, “ The Dalles Home Depot does not respect our Second Amendment right. Coastal, Tum-A-Lum, and Swayers Hardware do” (local competitors). My plan was to park in front of Home Depot’s property with the banner on the side of my truck. I emailed my story and my banner message to The Home Depot corporate in Atlanta.
The very next day I get an apology email from them. The local Home Depot’s general manager calls me at home and informs me that corporate called him. I am now very pleased to say open carry in The Dalles Home Depot is alive and well.
Know this, I don’t believe we need to get crazy and make a scene when this sort of thing happens. I believe we should merely do the next right thing. Now more then ever I believe a firm but friendly protest or the threat of a protest can be effective. I was however 100% prepared to go forward with my threat.

Purlrider

In addition... I feel their response time and their stand speaks volumes about The Home Depot open carry policy.
yea Home Depot>

Last edited:

Archerman99

Ha...complete retard moment.
I use tapatalk most the time and the print is just a hair to small...that and I read it to fast...sorry about that

Carry on!

fjpro2a

Right way to handle it!

In my opinion, you handled it exactly like a solid, pro 2nd amendment American should. Although I come from outside the U.S. (New Jersey,) I have suggested on this site that when a problem arises, it is usually best to do the "next right thing," as you say. No need to go crazy and cause a scene. Unfortunately, when I suggest it, too many respond by saying that there is no room for compromise. Accolades to you, my friend.

david.ross

My plan was to park in front of Home Depot’s property with the banner on the side of my truck. I emailed my story and my banner message to The Home Depot corporate in Atlanta.
The very next day I get an apology email from them. The local Home Depot’s general manager calls me at home and informs me that corporate called him. I am now very pleased to say open carry in The Dalles Home Depot is alive and well.

I'm glad the manager in Dalles was corrected, hopefully he doesn't make such a mistake in the future.

In addition... I feel their response time and their stand speaks volumes about The Home Depot open carry policy.
yea Home Depot>

Let's just say I took some time to converse with Home Depot's support supervisor, which in the end they cleared up a misunderstanding regarding another fellow who had a similar incident in a Home Depot. The supervisor at the Atlanta office sent out another memo to people involved with the email support services for Home Depot.

Ironbar

That's a rather interesting sig tag there Mr. Ross.

"Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists
I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building."

So, you demand tolerance from others, but refuse to give it in return??

(Threadjack over).

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
That's a rather interesting sig tag there Mr. Ross.

"Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists
I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building."

(Threadjack over).

+1

Each sentence/proclamation displays intolerance, then tells us all that tolerance is key.

-------

On topic, I have OC'd many times in the Medford Home Depot with no incident.

Last edited:

david.ross

{{ my sig }}

Each sentence/proclamation displays intolerance, then tells us all that tolerance is key.

I don't have to be tolerant to those apart of hate groups like the GOP. Being tolerant of hate groups is like being tolerant of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church. Sure while there are many republicans who are educating themselves on gay people and same sex issues, there's too much ignorance for me. I'm still looking to see what party I should switch to in the future. Republicans lost the election due to intolerance of latinos(I'm half latino) and same sex issues, don't like it, change the GOP platform or leave.

Last edited:

carracer

I don't have to be tolerant to those apart of hate groups like the GOP. Being tolerant of hate groups is like being tolerant of the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church. Sure while there are many republicans who are educating themselves on gay people and same sex issues, there's too much ignorance for me. I'm still looking to see what party I should switch to in the future. Republicans lost the election due to intolerance of latinos(I'm half latino) and same sex issues, don't like it, change the GOP platform or leave.

Seems rather intolerant to me too!

Jeff. State

Banned
I'm still looking to see what party I should switch to in the future.

Republicans lost the election due to intolerance of latinos(I'm half latino) and same sex issues, .

:lol::lol::lol:

Self absorbed much?

Obama was re-elected because this nation's intelligence level is going in the toilet and it's entitlement mentality is spreading like cancer.

Conservatives have an rightous intolerance of those who have entered this country illegaly, their country of origin/racial make up is not the problem.

You go ahead and "switch" to what ever party you like.

Last edited:

We-the-People

I spotted the intolerant tag line myself in another thread and immediately thought.....Hmmmmmmm tolerate me but I'm not going to tolerate them......

Ironbar, you should check the structural integrity of your roof as I just did. We agree on something.....there must be lightening bolts coming.