Thread: visit from security

visit from security

I just got a visit from the head of security and his assistant at work. He said somebody reported seeing me with a gun at work. He started frisking me, which did not go over well with me. Pressed for details, he declined to give them. I'm wondering if it was an external caller.

Company/Employment manual?

Check it, if your employer has one. See if you've waived any right to be personally (not your property) searched.

Unless you're in a super-sensitive position, you probably didn't waive anything.

Which means the instant they laid hands on you, they likely committed a battery.

Might go check with HR about company policy on physical searches, and what constitutes an unlawful/nonconsensual touching. Also ask them about company policy on reporting such matters (the MWAG report), what sort of documentation security must make on such things, what reports they must write after an encounter with a "suspected" employee, and your entitlement to copies of any such report. You probably don't have much of a leg to stand on, since it's the private sector, but you might well be able to file a complaint of your own and see where it takes you.

Someone's out to get you, and/or they're looking for a reason to remove you from your position for cost savings or reorganization purposes.

Evaluate how secure you are in your position, and whether you want to be released, before proceeding.

Good luck.

I would file a sexual harrassment complaint for inappropriate touching. This will make the company go into a tizzy......lol

If they truly thought you had firearm on your person, why wouldn’t they have called the police to handle it?

If they asked, and you allowed, it was consensual. Did you tell them no? Of course if you did not allow it they would most likely have fired you on the spot as NV is an at will employment state. They can fire you for ANY reason.

I agree, something smells like week old dead fish here. It is not likely an issue with your employer trying to find a reason to bust you, again at will employment. They don’t need a reason unless you have a contract. More likely someone trying to cause you problems.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

“Assault” means:
    (1) Unlawfully attempting to use physical force against another person; or
    (2) Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of immediate bodily harm.
    “Battery” means any willful and unlawful use of force or violence upon the person of another.

No I didn't consent to a search or to being touched. I recoiled when he grabbed my leg. (Seated cross legged.) He mentioned an ankle holster, which I don't use, and that somebody had seen me with with a gun "in the building," which is a crock. Trying to think if my motorcycle overpants and boots could be misconstrued when I'm removing them. Nah. More likely one of the perjuring cops from yesterday's trial picked up the phone.

Guess what? The leg grabber/feeler is a former Reno cop.

Dude did a poor job of hiding the fact he was recording with his cell phone.
    Last edited by Yard Sale; 10-25-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Banned
    What a moron security cop ... yea, I'm unarmed and want to take your gun away....

But you should file a complaint and ask that the person who complained be fired.

Let's try a different tack. If "someone" saw "you" going in with a "gun," but it clearly wasn't you, don't you have an obligation to make sure the place goes on lock-down until they find the guy who really did bring in a gun?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Most of the workplace policies I have read involving normal employment including involving common labors do not allow 'mandatory' searches. They do however say that refusal to be searched is cause for termination. You are free however to refuse the search and look for another job. Check your policy.

Michael
    Last edited by mlr; 10-25-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added mandatory

Are you working in a sensitive industry? And are you covered by a labor union or solid employment contract?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Founder's Club Member
    Unless the political situation at work advised against it, I'd be hotfooting it over to the magistrate swearing out a warrant for battery. I can say that because I would already know the policies regarding waiving any searches of my person.

There's probably a reason this guy is a former cop. I would also be considering a civil suit against him. Who knows, during discovery you might find out that his confidential informant was that other cop.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I would bet dollars to donuts, that you company has a sexual harassment policy that includes unwanted touching.

If they thought you had a gun against company policy, they should have called the police. Sounds like a pervert that wanted to get his jolly's playing with your leg.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    You certainly have grounds for lawsuit -- your employer bears ultimate responsibility for the actions of the security guy they pay for.

Re: visit from security

The term "unwelcome sexual advance" comes to mind. That oughtta get everybody's panties in a twist. While Nevada is an at will state, there are exceptions, and this situation actually probably insulates you a bit.

IANAL.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Carry On

Good point.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

After the military I have done the gamut when I needed a job from Private security to high level Govt contracting, and one thing is perfectly CLEAR with that, they have no right to man handle you at all!
    99% of all rent a cops with VERY few exceptions have about as much authority as a 4 year old child to take any action against you unless you attack them first.

I would go right into HR tomorrow and explain to them in no uncertain terms that this was not acceptable and that the "officers" in question need to be disciplined asap as their poorly trained and lack any real judgement.