• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

As I left BoA Wednesday evening approached by a Security Guard

rhino1121

I live in Kitsap County, Just on the out skirts of Port Orchard for many years I have always carried openly. In all those years the only store or restaurant I have ever been asked to not take my gun in with me is Costco. I have no problem with that after all I pay for my membership and in doing so I agree to their rules. It was yesterday as I was leaving my branch of BoA the security guard approached me, He asked if had ever had trouble going in the bank openly carrying my handgun as I do all the time. I said no as I have never had anyone question me before this. I have had Sheriff Deputy’s ask me what I was carrying or sometimes a person will come up and say thank you for excursing your right to carry. Most of the time I confess a little embarrassed when this happens. Here is why I have always carried openly first of all I rarely ever where a coat, one of the reasons I love living in Western Washington is for the most part I have little need for a coat because of that I just carry openly. I wear it when I go into any bank, Wal-Mart, Sizzler, The Aloha Kitchen (which has fantastic food by the way) Arco, 7-11 stores, anywhere you might go when you are running your errands or shopping. Never once I have ever had problem or had anything negative said. Which brings me to the security guard who was armed I might add. I was astounded by how uniformed most people seem to be about whether you can carry openly or not. After explaining how my right to carry is protected by our State Constitution; I really am not trying to demonstrate or force anyone to respect my rights, I simply feel that the one time I leave my gun at home will be the one time I should have had it. Just think if just one person in Colorado had brought their gun with them that night it would have been a completely different outcome. My personal opinion has always been that if every law abiding American Citizen carried their personal weapon with them we would see a drastic reduction in all crimes. As it is now the criminals have the upper hand as most of us do not own a gun of any kind, yet of those who do own a handgun very few choose to carry it. Even those who have Concealed weapons permit do not carry every day. Here is what I left the security guard with, ”Every time you leave your gun at home you risk becoming another stat on the crime sheet, by carrying your weapon with you are saying to criminal element that I am armed pass on by.) I am just shy of 55 and I have carried for openly for 30 of those years. Of course some of that I was during my Service in the Army. Still I would sooner leave my Wallet wrist watch then leave the house without my High-Point .45 currently my favorite handgun. My better half also carry’s every where she goes as well, she does carry in her purse, which to this day I still think of as luggage. Any other males ever try to pick a women’s purse up? My Army back pack was not as heavy as my wife’s purse, I swear my last hernia surgery was because my attempt at picking it up for her. Bottom line here I would rather have answer questions, show my ID to an officer of the law if asked then be somewhere needing it and not having it.

Trigger Dr

I banked with BOA in Port Orchard up until a couple months back when I closed my 4 accounts due to their...... never mind...

I have seen their guards.

Never have any of them been armed.

When did this change?

Even after closing the accounts, 2 months later to be exact, I get a notice of a savings account overdrawn... This was an account that had been closed!!!

Is this ANY Better?

Last edited:

Tawnos

v6uqx.gif

PARAGRAPH BREAKS!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Rhino1121 -

Welcome to OCDO.

Please understand that around here we try and communicate with each other in a manner that makes it easy for both sides. There are Spelling and Grammer Nazis to be sure, but we sort of ignore most of what they say, and just gnash our teeth at the mistakes in perfect writing and move on.

But a solid wall of text? And only one space between sentences on that wall?

If I knew you better I might be wondering if you were being intentionally impolite by the way you posted. But I don't know you better. And as much as I may personally dislike stream-of-consiousness writing style, I have learned to live with it.

But a solid wall of text?

As a personal favor, would you consider going back and editing it to put some paragraph breaks in? I'd greatly appreciate it, as I actually do want to know what happened at your BoA branch.

stay safe.

amlevin

Rhino1121 -

Welcome to OCDO.

Please understand that around here we try and communicate with each other in a manner that makes it easy for both sides. There are Spelling and Grammer Nazis to be sure, but we sort of ignore most of what they say, and just gnash our teeth at the mistakes in perfect writing and move on.

But a solid wall of text? And only one space between sentences on that wall?

If I knew you better I might be wondering if you were being intentionally impolite by the way you posted. But I don't know you better. And as much as I may personally dislike stream-of-consiousness writing style, I have learned to live with it.

But a solid wall of text?

As a personal favor, would you consider going back and editing it to put some paragraph breaks in? I'd greatly appreciate it, as I actually do want to know what happened at your BoA branch.

stay safe.

When I see a "wall of text" like this I just read and pretend I'm listening to one of my teenage grand kids talking. Perhaps he just used the speech recognition function in his smart phone and posted it raw.

As for BoA, they never have been real happy with OC. Some branches have people that get all over it and others just keep their mouth's shut. Who knows how long BoA will survive in it's present form. Another "Billion Dollar Lawsuit" recently filed over their Mortgage Lending practices. Maybe one of these days the Fed's will do to them like they did to AT&T, break them up.

Griz

Types like my son used to talk.

Just goes on...and on...and on.

At least the guy didn't give ya a hard time.

OC for ME

Please indulge me.

I live in Kitsap County, just on the out skirts of Port Orchard for many years and I have always carried openly. In all those years the only store or restaurant I have ever been asked to not take my gun in with me is Costco. I have no problem with that, after all I pay for my membership and in doing so I agree to their rules.

It was yesterday as I was leaving my branch of BoA the security guard approached me, he asked if had ever had trouble going in the bank openly carrying my handgun as I do all the time. I said no as I have never had anyone question me before this. I have had Sheriff Deputy’s ask me what I was carrying or sometimes a person will come up and say thank you for exercising your right to carry. Most of the time I confess a little embarrassed when this happens.

Here is why I have always carried openly first of all I rarely ever where a coat, one of the reasons I love living in Western Washington is for the most part I have little need for a coat because of that I just carry openly. I wear it when I go into any bank, Wal-Mart, Sizzler, The Aloha Kitchen (which has fantastic food by the way) Arco, 7-11 stores, anywhere you might go when you are running your errands or shopping. Never once I have ever had problem or had anything negative said.

Which brings me to the security guard who was armed I might add. I was astounded by how uniformed most people seem to be about whether you can carry openly or not. After explaining how my right to carry is protected by our State Constitution; I really am not trying to demonstrate or force anyone to respect my rights, I simply feel that the one time I leave my gun at home will be the one time I should have had it. Just think if just one person in Colorado had brought their gun with them that night it would have been a completely different outcome.

My personal opinion has always been that if every law abiding American Citizen carried their personal weapon with them we would see a drastic reduction in all crimes. As it is now the criminals have the upper hand as most of us do not own a gun of any kind, yet of those who do own a handgun very few choose to carry it. Even those who have concealed weapons permit do not carry every day.

Here is what I left the security guard with, ”Every time you leave your gun at home you risk becoming another stat on the crime sheet, by carrying your weapon with you are saying to criminal element that I am armed pass on by. I am just shy of 55 and I have carried openly for 30 of those years. Of course some of that I was during my service in the Army. Still, I would sooner leave my wallet and wrist watch than leave the house without my High-Point .45, currently my favorite handgun.

My better half also carry’s every where she goes as well, she does carry in her purse, which to this day I still think of as luggage. Any other males ever try to pick a women’s purse up? My Army back pack was not as heavy as my wife’s purse, I swear my last hernia surgery was because my attempt at picking it up for her.

Bottom line here I would rather have answer questions, show my ID to an officer of the law if asked then be somewhere needing it and not having it.
Absit invidia

lockman

State Researcher
HiPoint 45?

Do they make better models? As the ones I have seen are bulky, lacking in good tolerance making tight groups difficult even in experienced hands.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Conversational distance. I have found that I usually do not do not decide to shoot someone until I talk to them. That puts them in "conversational distance". In the Home the average firefight occurs between seven and ten feet (across the room). I like the Highpoint for bug out bags. Stuff one or two with a hundred or so rounds in the bag and forget it til you need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB88yKmS6co

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Point_.45_ACP

amzbrady

v6uqx.gif

PARAGRAPH BREAKS!

caps lock.jpg

Conversational distance. I have found that I usually do not do not decide to shoot someone until I talk to them. That puts them in "conversational distance". In the Home the average firefight occurs between seven and ten feet (across the room). I like the Highpoint for bug out bags. Stuff one or two with a hundred or so rounds in the bag and forget it til you need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB88yKmS6co

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Point_.45_ACP

+1, I keep a high point 9 mm in my bug out bag with 500 rounds.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I almost took my cyanide pills ... lucky I got to the end of that paragraph first ! Whew.

BoA sent me a letter noticing possible foreclosure one time when I switched from sending in a check to auto-withdraw; the first month they should have auto-withdrew the funds they did not & sent me a nice foreclosure letter.

BoA boooo !

Difdi

I have no problem with that after all I pay for my membership and in doing so I agree to their rules.

Did you? The agreement I signed didn't include that rule. As it happens, Costco maintains a list of corporate memos that are considered binding on members, yet are not disclosed to members. Secret laws are no one's friend.

There are Spelling and Grammer Nazis

Are you calling Kelsey Grammer a Nazi? :D

papa bear

i know that BoA on this side of the nation, are rabid anti self defense. i am surprised that yours is not

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I banked with BOA in Port Orchard up until a couple months back when I closed my 4 accounts due to their...... never mind...

I have seen their guards.

Never have any of them been armed.

When did this change?

Even after closing the accounts, 2 months later to be exact, I get a notice of a savings account overdrawn... This was an account that had been closed!!!

Is this ANY Better?

I think they started arming after the Occupy Seattle clowns began disrupting bank functions.

I've seen them a handful of times at the PO BoA, white shirts, black pants, gunbelt with handcuffs and revolver (they actually carry .357s) and speed loader pouches.
They're always in downtown seattle standing armed watch in front of bank, at the BoA on 701 2nd Ave they're sitting there, two guards, .357s watching and questioning people who come in.

Wolfebane

While attending WWU I had to open an account at BoA in Bellingham (because Navy Federal was a long drive away just to get cash) and during the process of opening the account I was eventually asked to place my gun in my car and come back and finish the process.

I did so, and opened the account.

I desperately need a bank that corporately allows open carry. The only bank I have ever gone into so far that did not have signs that say no weapons was the WECU in Bellingham (I had also previously gone into the Wells Fargo in Bellingham but at the time never checked for a sign - but nothing was ever said to me by anyone in the bank.)