• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

As I left BoA Wednesday evening approached by a Security Guard

Metalhead47

HiPoint 45?

Do they make better models? As the ones I have seen are bulky, lacking in good tolerance making tight groups difficult even in experienced hands.

They also have fixed barrels that offset any "loss of accuracy" due to loose tolerances. Yes they are bulky, but no more so than comparable all-steel handguns. Those who know them or approach them with an open mind generally find nothing lacking in their accuracy, and often quite the opposite. Highly tweaked race guns they are NOT, nor do they claim to be. But they are excellent at what they are made to do: Be inexpensive, reliable, and accurate. Like AK's.

sudden valley gunner

While attending WWU I had to open an account at BoA in Bellingham (because Navy Federal was a long drive away just to get cash) and during the process of opening the account I was eventually asked to place my gun in my car and come back and finish the process.

I did so, and opened the account.

I desperately need a bank that corporately allows open carry. The only bank I have ever gone into so far that did not have signs that say no weapons was the WECU in Bellingham (I had also previously gone into the Wells Fargo in Bellingham but at the time never checked for a sign - but nothing was ever said to me by anyone in the bank.)

I have had no problems at BOA.

I have my own account at Banner, they are gun friendly, and the one teller who was robbed at gun point, said he was thinking where is Rob when you need him......lol. Banner Bank's corporate policy is to follow state law.

Also Richard had educated Key Bank their corportate policy as far as I know is to follow state law.

I had an account at Wells Fargo they had no problem I OC'd the whole time I opened the account.

Other Banks I have had no issue with in Bellingham , Peoples, ICU, WECU, USA.

imalurker

They also have fixed barrels that offset any "loss of accuracy" due to loose tolerances. Yes they are bulky, but no more so than comparable all-steel handguns. Those who know them or approach them with an open mind generally find nothing lacking in their accuracy, and often quite the opposite. Highly tweaked race guns they are NOT, nor do they claim to be. But they are excellent at what they are made to do: Be inexpensive, reliable, and accurate. Like AK's.

+1

one of my favorite things to do is put a hi-point in the hands of a gun snob and tell them.. "Just shut up and shoot it" After spending some time with it, they're typically surprised that it is accurate, reliable and durable as all get out. youtube-> hi point iraqveteran8888

Metalhead47

+1

one of my favorite things to do is put a hi-point in the hands of a gun snob and tell them.. "Just shut up and shoot it" After spending some time with it, they're typically surprised that it is accurate, reliable and durable as all get out. youtube-> hi point iraqveteran8888

Yup. Most HiPoint hate comes from those who have never shot one, or WOULD not because they would never touch a "cheap gun." Y'know, cuz people who can't afford to spend an entire paycheck on a firearm have no right to self defense & all. :rolleyes:

amlevin

I think they started arming after the Occupy Seattle clowns began disrupting bank functions.

I've seen them a handful of times at the PO BoA, white shirts, black pants, gunbelt with handcuffs and revolver (they actually carry .357s) and speed loader pouches.
They're always in downtown seattle standing armed watch in front of bank, at the BoA on 701 2nd Ave they're sitting there, two guards, .357s watching and questioning people who come in.

I asked my local branch manager (while OC'ing), and she said that it was due to the recent increase of bank robberies in the area.

amlevin

Yup. Most HiPoint hate comes from those who have never shot one, or WOULD not because they would never touch a "cheap gun." Y'know, cuz people who can't afford to spend an entire paycheck on a firearm have no right to self defense & all. :rolleyes:

Hi-Points are like "Fat Chicks" and Moped's. They all have their uses, you just don't want your friends to know about your association with any of them. :);)

Tawnos

Bite the wall grammer Nazi!!

1) It's "grammar".
2) For fark's sake, it's common internet etiquette to use some form of paragraph delineation. What was typed above would make Ouroboros proud in its inscrutability between start and end. A couple presses of the "enter" key now and then would make a huge difference in comprehensibility.
3) Caps lock: cruise control for cool.

EMNofSeattle

Bite the wall spelling police!

Spelling and grammar go hand and hand
grammar-police.png

Tawnos

Bite the wall spelling police!

Spelling is important so that you don't spend your day smelling like colon.

Proper capitalization is important so that and of the end of a day of horseback riding you don't help your uncle jack off a horse.

Grammar is important so that when someone offers to send you naked pictures, you don't tell them "your nuts" when you really mean to say they're crazy.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
BTW I love, and I am proud of my Hi-Point 9mm carbine. I will shout its praises from the roof. They may not be pretty, but they go "bang".

leitung

I banked with BOA in Port Orchard up until a couple months back when I closed my 4 accounts due to their...... never mind...

I have seen their guards.

Never have any of them been armed.

When did this change?

Even after closing the accounts, 2 months later to be exact, I get a notice of a savings account overdrawn... This was an account that had been closed!!!

Is this ANY Better?

Yeah the BOA on Mile Hill has an armed guard most of the time. I live right up the street.

I have never open carried there before, but I have talked with one but I was looking for a job. They work for Wackenhut, a major security company worldwide.

I worked as an armed guard for over 4 years, and still do, in my 4 years I saw one open carrier in California. I never had a problem with it, but the client started getting worried after he kept coming in and we had to ask him to conceal or leave the gun outside. I got pissed about it, but when they pay your wages you can only sit back and bite your tounge.