• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traverse City Lunch 10-29 at 1200?

fire suppressor

Greetings fellow freedom fighters!

I am brand new to the area as I have been living in Traverse City for officially three weeks. I am putting the word out to see if there is any intrust in having a lunch for this coming Monday (10-29) at BC Pizza in Traverse City. I have two other valid CPLs but I do not have Michigan's yet so I will have to load up getting out of my car and unarm myself again when leaving but I would enjoy the opportunity to get to meet some of my new neighbors. I do not know if BC Pizza is open carry friendly or not but I did enjoy their pizza buffet. I was thinking of 1200 (that would be noon) as start time and go until the last person leaves. Any takers?

NMadole

I am game if we could do another time

I would be willing to meet up for an open carry lunch on a weekend or an open carry dinner after 4:00 pm ... I work at the hospital from 7:30-4pm M-F. I have lived in TC for about a month and a half...

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Hmm... I would gladly, but unfortunately that would be like a 5 or 6 hour drive for me :-(

I hear you Mike, It's about 37hrs non stop for me factoring traffic :eek:

To the OP - if you are ever going to be in the Metro Detroit area you'll find lot's of good OC folk ready to meet for a OC outing given enough advance notice.

Hope this lunch goes very well for you and your guests. +1

Carry on people!

Last edited by a moderator:

fire suppressor

I would be willing to meet up for an open carry lunch on a weekend or an open carry dinner after 4:00 pm ... I work at the hospital from 7:30-4pm M-F. I have lived in TC for about a month and a half...

My weekend this week was full but maybe on another week. I was just testing the waters trying to see how much intrust there was in the area. I will try again with more notice

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
My weekend this week was full but maybe on another week. I was just testing the waters trying to see how much intrust there was in the area. I will try again with more notice

Please do. Would you consider traveling about 45 minutes away... perhaps to Cadillac to arrange to meet up? TC is not totally out of the question but keeping travel time to around 1.5 hrs may get a few from Grand Rapids.

Last edited: