Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 10/27. 9:30 AM

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 10/27, 9:30 AM

River City Diner

Parham Rd & I-95...................view map
    803 East Parham Rd
    804-266-1500
    Richmond, VA 23227

The end of the drought may be near - come see if the water restrictions are lifted. You might need your flashlight, but no need to rush out and buy bread and milk - RCD has stocked up on those staples.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

And bring your soap. We may not get another opportunity while the weather is warm.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Too wet to hunt. I'll be there!

Just check online where it is. I will try to arrive there tomorrow. May I take some pictures? In SC there is a ban on open carry. How can I recognize you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohr View Post
    Just check online where it is. I will try to arrive there tomorrow. May I take some pictures? In SC there is a ban on open carry. How can I recognize you guys?
    Just tried to fix the map link on the OP - posting is proving recalcitrant. Google maps should solve that problem.

Pictures are normally fine with this bunch - rouges gallery.

Just look for the people with guns on their hip - we will be to the right of the entrance door from about 9:00 to 10:30 or 11:00 AM

Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-26-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Pleasant breakfast and legnthy conversation: ran the gambit of laws, rules & regulations + recent happenings.

Was exceptionally nice to meet Bohr and his lovely bride from South Carolina - before they left, he was OCing his gun....probably for the 1st time in public. Liberating isn't it

Understand that they will be in the Greater Richmond area for a while (job related) so hope we'll have a chance to introduce them to a full scale, just-normal-folks dinner. OC dinners here are scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of each month - look for the advance announcement with a stickie.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Pleasant breakfast and legnthy conversation: ran the gambit of laws, rules & regulations + recent happenings.

Was exceptionally nice to meet Bohr and his lovely bride from South Carolina - before they left, he was OCing his gun....probably for the 1st time in public. Liberating isn't it

Understand that they will be in the Greater Richmond area for a while (job related) so hope we'll have a chance to introduce them to a full scale, just-normal-folks dinner. OC dinners here are scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday of each month - look for the advance announcement with a stickie.
    Yep, very nice people and an enjoyable breakfast. I think he may have gotten information overload especially when he saw the Bubba buggy with a shotgun on the front seat, a 44 magnum in the console and a crossbow in the back.
    Last edited by peter nap; 10-27-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks guys, a pleasant talking and breakfast. It is my first time open carry. Do you guys mind me to upload one of our photos here?

Thanks guys, a pleasant talking and breakfast. It is my first time open carry. Do you guys mind me to upload one of our photos here?
    I can't speak officially for the others, but a can tell you that everyone in that group has had their pictures lots of places other than the Post Office.

I think they would consider it an honor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0003.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	9455

I did some decoration on this picture to cover our face. You guys are so famous and I think we shall keep a low profile, right?

BTW, I "secretly" join the VCDL and will try to convince my colleagues in the future. Few professors like gun owning employee.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0003.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	9455

I did some decoration on this picture to cover our face. You guys are so famous and I think we shall keep a low profile, right?

BTW, I "secretly" join the VCDL and will try to convince my colleagues in the future. Few professors like gun owning employee.
    You can do our makeup any time - you make us look considerably better than in real life, particularly me.

Kudos for joining VCDL - our strength lies in our numbers. Good to have you on board there.