Thread: Costco?

Costco?

Doing a Costco run with the wifey later today. I haven't carried there yet and just wanted to see what kinds of experiences people have had there.

There are numerous threads and experiences you can search for relating to this topic, but the general consensus is Costco is anti-gun. Not every manager enforces the policy and not all locations are posted, but it is the official corporate stance that the company does not permit weapons on their property.

Good to know. Any of the other big box stores pro 2A?

Sams is reputed to follow state law. Home Depot is also anti-gun (IIRC), but Lowes may be 2A friendly. Recommend you search the forum to verify this information.

As a 48 fan, know that Lowes has never given me a problem, refuse to go into HD. Never been in Sams, but I do know Costco wouldn't let me in with my OC'd gun, they don't have sign in Charlotte denying my CC'd gun.

Cool

Here in Idaho I go to the COSTCO in Boise all the time and always OC and have never had a problem. This of course is Idaho and you are more likely to get a strange look if you don't have a firearm.

I've never had problems in Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, or any other big box store. I don't have a membership to SAMS or COSTCO so i haven't seen if they are OC friendly or not.

Costco has a written policy (can be found via a search on this site) that guns are expressly prohibited. If you object to this policy, they will refund your membership dues in full. Many of us have taken them up on their offer.

Walmart and Sam's Club's official policy is to allow you to carry in accordance with all local laws.

I do not know official policies, but I also OC in Home Depot and Lowe's in my area, with no comments.

EDIT: Looks like we have a fresh update to Home Depot's accommodating corporate policy: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Corporation-A
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-26-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I have OC'd at the Home Depot in Durham, Hillsborough, and off 15-501 with no problems before

Ah...

The good ol Costco returns as a thread topic...
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steveboos View Post
    I've never had problems in Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, or any other big box store. I don't have a membership to SAMS or COSTCO so i haven't seen if they are OC friendly or not.
    Sams used to be part of the Walmart corporation, not sure if they still are. Walmart has a very open policy to OC, and CC. I would suspect Sam's does also.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump