• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Costco?

.40CLTlocal

Doing a Costco run with the wifey later today. I haven't carried there yet and just wanted to see what kinds of experiences people have had there.

PistolPackingMomma

There are numerous threads and experiences you can search for relating to this topic, but the general consensus is Costco is anti-gun. Not every manager enforces the policy and not all locations are posted, but it is the official corporate stance that the company does not permit weapons on their property.

PistolPackingMomma

Sams is reputed to follow state law. Home Depot is also anti-gun (IIRC), but Lowes may be 2A friendly. Recommend you search the forum to verify this information.

REDFIVE48

As a 48 fan, know that Lowes has never given me a problem, refuse to go into HD. Never been in Sams, but I do know Costco wouldn't let me in with my OC'd gun, they don't have sign in Charlotte denying my CC'd gun.

DocWalker

Here in Idaho I go to the COSTCO in Boise all the time and always OC and have never had a problem. This of course is Idaho and you are more likely to get a strange look if you don't have a firearm.

Steveboos

I've never had problems in Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, or any other big box store. I don't have a membership to SAMS or COSTCO so i haven't seen if they are OC friendly or not.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Costco has a written policy (can be found via a search on this site) that guns are expressly prohibited. If you object to this policy, they will refund your membership dues in full. Many of us have taken them up on their offer.

Walmart and Sam's Club's official policy is to allow you to carry in accordance with all local laws.

I do not know official policies, but I also OC in Home Depot and Lowe's in my area, with no comments.

EDIT: Looks like we have a fresh update to Home Depot's accommodating corporate policy: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?107858-Home-Depot-Corporation-A

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I've never had problems in Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, or any other big box store. I don't have a membership to SAMS or COSTCO so i haven't seen if they are OC friendly or not.

Sams used to be part of the Walmart corporation, not sure if they still are. Walmart has a very open policy to OC, and CC. I would suspect Sam's does also.