• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mansfield letter writing campaign needed!

2ndsight

I contaced both LD and PD public relations

I contacted both the law director and the police departments' public relations officer. Both let me know no matter the ORC they did not care. I was threatened by the police officer who took the public relations call. I was warned not to open carry in Mansfield that was a year ago before the Cleveland case went to the Ohio Supreme Court their opinions may have changed since then. I would advise not to open carry in Mansfield unless you have numbers a lawyer on retainer and a video camera or a voice recorder also as stated numbers witnesses go a long way. I never wrote a letter I was that afraid of the reprisals I live in the city proper read Rotten to the Core a book on Mansfield corruption and rotten it is.

studibakre

oc in mansfield

i myself OC in mansfield quite frequently. I have never been harrassed, i've even oc'ed into citizens and sutton banks. the only issue i've had is when i had to fire in defense because apparently if you fire in defense you violate the "discharging a weapon in public" law even with life at risk. that is going to court now so i'll find out within.. 6 years??
but i do also avoid places with no gun signs. but have had no problem at walmart, meijer, target, best buy i got looks, kroger, aldi, petsmart, applebees, olive garden, bdubs, taco bell, hobby lobby, and the list continues.
the little caesars in ashland is a different story though...