• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in rio rancho

ncwabbit

OC'd in Rio Rancho's verizon contract store and staff was completely confortable but another customer came in and phreaked as she walked widely around me to the otherside of the counter w/nothing in her hands...the customer needed to use the fone next to me to validate her account information so again a wide berth around me to the fone. when finished she then was around at the otherside of the counter playing w/a full sized mace spray device in her hands :eek:.

where it came from is beyond my knowledge but when she left even the staff commented on it...

wabbit

PS: lovely to see the dogwoods changing along the rio grande...quite beautiful

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
...I guess you didn't look like you could have been a LEO for her to assume the worst?

Not that we NEED to look like LEOs, of course (I dress however I want), I'm just saying that MOST people probably (and immediately) assume an OCer is a LEO, either on or off duty. Wonder why she didn't.

Whatever, someone should have told her that in the REAL world, Mace doesn't work too well against bullets. ;-)

Last edited:

saiga12boy

I think a major problem in America today is that so many people have been brainwashed into thinking guns are evil. These people need to be educated.