Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th Anniversary lunch in Lansing, December 2nd.

5th Anniversary lunch in Lansing, December 2nd.

DATE: December 2nd 2012
    TIME: 1:00 PM
    WHERE: Zeus’ Coney Island
    6525 South Pennsylvania Ave. Lansing, MI 48911
    (517) 272-7900 http://www.greecianisland.com/locations#lansing

As of December 2nd, it will have been 5 years to the day since the first OCDO arranged open carry meeting in Michigan.

To mark this occasion, a meet and greet at a decent restaurant in Lansing seems like a good idea. While the first meeting was in Brighton, Lansing seems like a more reasonable place on account of more options, as well as being a more central location to southern Michigan.

All are welcome to join us in this 5 year celebration.

The Q has invited any that want to shoot to be his guest at his gun club in Diamondale. So if you want to shoot bring your gear. Dress for December outdoor weather.

Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by Michigander; 11-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

sounds fun, unfortunately it is at the same time as my tickets to the Lions game.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    sounds fun, unfortunately it is at the same time as my tickets to the Lions game.
    Yep, may want to pick a day that does not correspond to a major sporting event. I hope this goes well and the OG's of OC [Venator, WARCHILD, Michigander, etc..] in MI all have a good time.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 10-27-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: ALL CAPS WARCHILD NAME - HE'S LOUD,,, :)

The game may be watched at Kelly's, which is where I'm leaning towards having this at on account of repeat good experience there in the past.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    The game may be watched at Kelly's, which is where I'm leaning towards having this at on account of repeat good experience there in the past.
    Kelly's is fine place to meet, with a friendly staff & excellent food. Wish I could be there with you guys & gals. If I am correct they do serve alcohol, so CPL OC only. If you do not have a CPL do not carry at Kelly's.

http://www.kellysdowntownlansing.com/
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 10-28-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: link

I'm in.

Let me toss in another idea: Clara's (on Michigan).

I've always had good experience there and never a problem carrying.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I'm in.

Let me toss in another idea: Clara's (on Michigan).

I've always had good experience there and never a problem carrying.
    Link to their site:

http://www.claras.com/LNindex.shtml

About Clara's -

They too do serve alcohol, so CPL OC only. If you do not have a CPL do not carry at Clara's without the written permission of the owners.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 10-28-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Clara's has an awesome brunch on Sat and Sun! Waffles and omelets and fruit and as much bacon as you can eat! It can be a little crowded at noonish on Sunday when church lets out.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Clara's will be packed. If we have a group of 10 or more a wait is likely. Also they don't have TVs if I recall correctly.

I think the 5th university lunch and is a great idea. We can get together and reminisce about what a long strange trip it's been. I'll be there wherever you decide to have it.
    Last edited by Venator; 10-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

No TVs at Clara's -- confirmed.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I'll be there wherever you decide to have it.
    I'm leaning towards Kelly's, but I'm counting on you guys in the Lansing area to tell me if there are any superior places.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    I'm leaning towards Kelly's, but I'm counting on you guys in the Lansing area to tell me if there are any superior places.
    Tell me about venue features that are important.

Just the obvious stuff.

Food, the ability to hear each other, space that can accommodate everyone who shows up, a tv for those who want to see the game if anyone who wants to go cares (I'm not into conventional American sports so I don't care either way) and it being OC friendly would be good too. A lack of a liquor license and decent parking I'm sure would make a lot of people happy too.

Being as it's Lansing, I'm sure plenty of places will fit the bill. Please do let me know if you know of a place better than Kelly's.

Fozolli's in Lansing has always been kind to us.

Parking...check. No liquor, check. TV, check. They're willing to move tables together for us.

Fozolli's in Lansing
    Michigander should have specified good food.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

As I think about it I'm not sure Kelly's is open Sundays. I'll check into it. Update: KELLY'S is closed on Sundays.
    Last edited by Venator; 10-29-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

The Nut House is a sports bar. Kitty-corner from the Cooley Law Stadium (Lungnuts). Decent parking and TVs galore.

The Nut House is a sports bar. Kitty-corner from the Cooley Law Stadium (Lungnuts). Decent parking and TVs galore.
    I won't attend an event in Ingham County held in a BAR.

I know, MSP Legal Update 86. Go read People v Watkins and keep in mind the case was in Ingham County before Judge Rosie.

If you have it in a bar, I'm out.

I didn't realize the Nut House was a bar. I've been in there before to eat and I just thought it was a restaurant.

The word "Bar" isn't even in their name.

Wheels

I won't attend an event in Ingham County held in a BAR.

I know, MSP Legal Update 86. Go read People v Watkins and keep in mind the case was in Ingham County before Judge Rosie.

If you have it in a bar, I'm out.
    It's a resurant.

It's a resurant.
    I always thought it was a "Sports Bar".

Are restaurants typically packed in Friday nights with ppl getting drunk until 2AM?

Because they are there....

I'm in...where ever it will be.

Can't think of a place that doesn't serve booze though that's still got good eats.

I wonder if the owner of the Holt Buddies would give permission? They have some pretty nice rooms, etc in there.. pretty good eats. LOTS of nice LCD TVs
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

I was going to try to set something up at the Bluegill Grill in Haslett for MOC, but haven't gotten around to it yet! That's another possibility.

http://www.bluegillgrill.com/
    Last edited by griffin; 10-29-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Wheels

I always thought it was a "Sports Bar".

Are restaurants typically packed in Friday nights with ppl getting drunk until 2AM?

Because they are there....
    Kelly's is a bar then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast