• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5th Anniversary lunch in Lansing, December 2nd.

Michigander

DATE: December 2nd 2012
TIME: 1:00 PM
WHERE: Zeus’ Coney Island
6525 South Pennsylvania Ave. Lansing, MI 48911
(517) 272-7900 http://www.greecianisland.com/locations#lansing

As of December 2nd, it will have been 5 years to the day since the first OCDO arranged open carry meeting in Michigan.

To mark this occasion, a meet and greet at a decent restaurant in Lansing seems like a good idea. While the first meeting was in Brighton, Lansing seems like a more reasonable place on account of more options, as well as being a more central location to southern Michigan.

All are welcome to join us in this 5 year celebration.

The Q has invited any that want to shoot to be his guest at his gun club in Diamondale. So if you want to shoot bring your gear. Dress for December outdoor weather.

Hope to see you there. :)

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

sounds fun, unfortunately it is at the same time as my tickets to the Lions game.

Yep, may want to pick a day that does not correspond to a major sporting event. :eek: I hope this goes well and the OG's of OC [Venator, WARCHILD, Michigander, etc..] in MI all have a good time. :D

Last edited:

Michigander

The game may be watched at Kelly's, which is where I'm leaning towards having this at on account of repeat good experience there in the past. :)

FreeInAZ

The game may be watched at Kelly's, which is where I'm leaning towards having this at on account of repeat good experience there in the past. :)

Kelly's is fine place to meet, with a friendly staff & excellent food. Wish I could be there with you guys & gals. If I am correct they do serve alcohol, so CPL OC only. If you do not have a CPL do not carry at Kelly's.

http://www.kellysdowntownlansing.com/

Last edited:

TheQ

I'm in.

Let me toss in another idea: Clara's (on Michigan).

I've always had good experience there and never a problem carrying.

FreeInAZ

About Clara's -

They too do serve alcohol, so CPL OC only. If you do not have a CPL do not carry at Clara's without the written permission of the owners.

Last edited:

griffin

Clara's has an awesome brunch on Sat and Sun! Waffles and omelets and fruit and as much bacon as you can eat! It can be a little crowded at noonish on Sunday when church lets out.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Clara's will be packed. If we have a group of 10 or more a wait is likely. Also they don't have TVs if I recall correctly.

I think the 5th university lunch and is a great idea. We can get together and reminisce about what a long strange trip it's been. I'll be there wherever you decide to have it.

Last edited:

Michigander

Just the obvious stuff. ;)

Food, the ability to hear each other, space that can accommodate everyone who shows up, a tv for those who want to see the game if anyone who wants to go cares (I'm not into conventional American sports so I don't care either way) and it being OC friendly would be good too. A lack of a liquor license and decent parking I'm sure would make a lot of people happy too.

Being as it's Lansing, I'm sure plenty of places will fit the bill. Please do let me know if you know of a place better than Kelly's. :)

TheQ

Fozolli's in Lansing has always been kind to us.

Parking...check. No liquor, check. TV, check. They're willing to move tables together for us.

TheQ

The Nut House is a sports bar. Kitty-corner from the Cooley Law Stadium (Lungnuts). Decent parking and TVs galore.

I won't attend an event in Ingham County held in a BAR.

I know, MSP Legal Update 86. Go read People v Watkins and keep in mind the case was in Ingham County before Judge Rosie.

If you have it in a bar, I'm out.

griffin

I didn't realize the Nut House was a bar. I've been in there before to eat and I just thought it was a restaurant.
dunno.gif

The word "Bar" isn't even in their name.

logo-nuthouse.png