Thread: Range bag suggestions

Range bag suggestions

I am in the market for a quality range bag. First priority is, is it durable. I don't want to have to get another one for years.

Second is the size. I need to carry pistols, ammo for my pistols and rifles. Also want to carry cleaning and repair tools. This bag will be going out to the field with me on camping and hunting trips.

Lastly is portability. I'll want to be able to go a mile or two with it to get to base camp.

If anybody has found an unconventional solution that works, ill be glad to look into it.

Founder's Club Member
    Is this to be man-portable, horse-portable, or ATV portable?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

This would be for personal carry.

I've gone the duffel bag route before and would like something a little more designed for the task. With all the choices on line I thought I could get some input as to what to avoid.

Also was looking at getting into IDPA and want the organization.

I bought the big Dillon range bag. It's too big. If I actually use all of its space, it's too heavy. And it's wide; it's rarely comfortable on the shoulder. I more often use the removable insert from its center than the whole bag.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Midway range bag is a huge value. I prefer the smaller one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...tion-range-bag

smaller bag

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939...tion-range-bag

The best, most reliable packs geared towards gun people that I know of are made by Badlands in Utah. They have a forever warranty, no matter who owns it when and why, nevermind a receipt.

The price is higher than most other options, but for more than a decade, they have truly set the standard. If they have a product which fits your specs, I assure you that you won't be disappointed with it.

http://www.badlandspacks.com/
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I will defently be trying to find some local dealers for the Badlands packs. It seems to fit all of my needs plus some extras. Ya, it might look a little odd at times at a competition for a range bag, but I don't want to have multiple bags for different days.