• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Range bag suggestions

WCEarp

I am in the market for a quality range bag. First priority is, is it durable. I don't want to have to get another one for years.

Second is the size. I need to carry pistols, ammo for my pistols and rifles. Also want to carry cleaning and repair tools. This bag will be going out to the field with me on camping and hunting trips.

Lastly is portability. I'll want to be able to go a mile or two with it to get to base camp.

If anybody has found an unconventional solution that works, ill be glad to look into it.

Shoobee

Any small doffel that you can get at REI or a similar outdoors supply store would work just fine.

More significant is what to put into it:

- ear protection & eye protection

- staple gun

- staples

- targets and markers for targets

- ammo

- sight adjustment tools

- bore cleaner

- rags

- bino's or spotting scope

Don't need anything very large to hold that much.

WCEarp

This would be for personal carry.

I've gone the duffel bag route before and would like something a little more designed for the task. With all the choices on line I thought I could get some input as to what to avoid.

Also was looking at getting into IDPA and want the organization.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I bought the big Dillon range bag. It's too big. If I actually use all of its space, it's too heavy. And it's wide; it's rarely comfortable on the shoulder. I more often use the removable insert from its center than the whole bag.

Michigander

The best, most reliable packs geared towards gun people that I know of are made by Badlands in Utah. They have a forever warranty, no matter who owns it when and why, nevermind a receipt.

The price is higher than most other options, but for more than a decade, they have truly set the standard. If they have a product which fits your specs, I assure you that you won't be disappointed with it.

http://www.badlandspacks.com/

Yard Sale

http://www.shootersconnectionstore....ament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-BLACK-P555.aspx

lgpro_black.jpg

WCEarp

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I will defently be trying to find some local dealers for the Badlands packs. It seems to fit all of my needs plus some extras. Ya, it might look a little odd at times at a competition for a range bag, but I don't want to have multiple bags for different days.