Thread: I-96 Shootings - One person shot

I-96 Shootings - One person shot

If he continues now that he knows he shot someone, we may have a very serious problem.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012102...shootings-I-96

White guy in 20's or 30's driving a black or dark colored:

Oldsmobile Alero <-- per MSP
    Toyota Camery <-- per MSP
    Chevrolet Cavalier
    Ford Mustang with blue tinted lights and a racing stripe

It would be great if an armed citizen put an end to this before anyone dies.

Not the MI shooter, but related random driveby shooting stupidity. Nice Hannah Montana towel.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86d_1345317023

Thumbs down

This thread IS NOT OC related in any way shape or form! It should be labeled as such. Also why give this waste of oxygen any more attention? Attention often fuels these NUTS! Do not feed them, just as we try not to feed forum trolls!

Carry on, safely.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    the moderators allow some leeway when discussing topics local to michigan
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ut-OT-subjects
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

As is the norm for this forum...nothing to talk about...argue about anything! Since OT discussions seem to be the new focus for arguing....

Here's a suggestion for the mod's... make a general discussion thread and sticky it to the mich forum...problem solved.
    Granted there is a general thread on the homepage; but I for one don't like sifting through ALL the general discussion looking for something specific to my state.

OR...do nothing and keep the forum busy following all the ******* matches...

JMO; not worth much

Considering the fact we carry the means to stop this lunatic on a daily basis, many of us driving down this road, I'd think that worrying about off topic or on topic is stupid. Lives are in danger here, and it is only wise to make sure we understand what's going on.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Considering the fact we carry the means to stop this lunatic on a daily basis, many of us driving down this road, I'd think that worrying about off topic or on topic is stupid. Lives are in danger here, and it is only wise to make sure we understand what's going on.
    Very true but.... The exercising of common sense is not usually practiced on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop and confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?!

I'm gonna get the f**k out if there!
    Last edited by TheQ; 10-28-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop at confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?!

are you familiar with I96 traffic in that area? that may not always be an option during rush hour.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop at confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?!

All I'll say is, "Don't get in front of me or you'll have tire tracks right up your trunk!!"

Seriously, unless you are in a position where you are both safe from hostile fire and able to identify and engage the hostile target, making a rapid escape is, by far the best option.

Good advice, TheQ.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    All I'll say is, "Don't get in front of me or you'll have tire tracks right up your trunk!!"

Seriously, unless you are in a position where you are both safe from hostile fire and able to identify and engage the hostile target, making a rapid escape is, by far the best option.

Good advice, TheQ.
    I have a Pontiac Solstice. Assuming a vital part of my engine isn't damaged, I'm going to drop to 3rd or 3 th gear and GTFO!
    Last edited by TheQ; 10-28-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Exclamation

My point was = WHY GIVE THIS A$$HOLE ANY MORE ATTENTION - LET ALONE HIS OWN THREAD ON OCDO??? Crimey! I've heard about him on the news here in AZ... Michigander if you get your news from forum threads, we need to talk my friend. I'll buy you a nice transistor radio capable of picking up both AM & FM stations!

This thread while maybe unintentional just gives this creep more attention, which is probably what he wants!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    My point was = WHY GIVE THIS A$$HOLE ANY MORE ATTENTION - LET ALONE HIS OWN THREAD ON OCDO??? Crimey! I've heard about him on the news here in AZ... Michigander if you get your news from forum threads, we need to talk my friend. I'll buy you a nice transistor radio capable of picking up both AM & FM stations!

This thread while maybe unintentional just gives this creep more attention, which is probably what he wants!
    Interesting approach. We should just clamp a lid on it and not discuss it? Don't think so - catch him first, then stash him and forget him.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Interesting approach. We should just clamp a lid on it and not discuss it? Don't think so - catch him first, then stash him and forget him.
    Discuss away, but do so knowing it may fuel his attacks. After this guy is caught is the time for chat when it can do no harm, in my honest opinion. That is what I am trying to point out.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 10-28-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: is

You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop and confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?!

If I saw him, yes, I would attempt to kill his ass. If I didn't, I agree with you, drop it in third and red line it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Discuss away, but do so knowing it may fuel his attacks. After this guy is caught is the time for chat when it can do no harm, in my honest opinion. That is what I am trying to point out.
    The people have a right to know of the dangers out there. See greater good in advising the citizenry than your approach that may, might, could, possibly feed a twisted ego.

I can just imagine the public outcry if information on the Beltway Sniper (Va - DC) had been kept from the people.

Spreading the word, issuing all points bulletins, news flashes etc. brings pressure to bear - contributes to ending the problem. Don't really care how the BG feels - he is already a threat to the safety of LAC and that, sir, must end.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

The people have a right to know of the dangers out there. See greater good in advising the citizenry than your approach that may, might, could, possibly feed a twisted ego.

I can just imagine the public outcry if information on the Beltway Sniper (Va - DC) had been kept from the people.

Spreading the word, issuing all points bulletins, news flashes etc. brings pressure to bear - contributes to ending the problem. Don't really care how the BG feels - he is already a threat to the safety of LAC and that, sir, must end.
    Again ... this has been plastered all over the news. Not trying to argue here, just saying a open carry forum would be the last place most people would look for news about a freeway sniper correct? So do as you will.

Again ... this has been plastered all over the news. Not trying to argue here, just saying a open carry forum would be the last place most people would look for news about a freeway sniper correct? So do as you will.
    Yet I found out about it here and if "all over the news" and if this would be the "last place most people would look" then the danger of exacerbating it is extremely limited, yes?

BTW - it is not my will, but as to how best to benefit the forum.

Yet I found out about it here and if "all over the news" and if this would be the "last place most people would look" then the danger of exacerbating it is extremely limited, yes?

BTW - it is not my will, but as to how best to benefit the forum.
    Whatever - go forth in peace fellow carrier

Whatever - go forth in peace fellow carrier
    All is well, no problems here.

This thread IS NOT OC related in any way shape or form! It should be labeled as such. Also why give this waste of oxygen any more attention? Attention often fuels these NUTS! Do not feed them, just as we try not to feed forum trolls!

Carry on, safely.
    Wow.

My commute to and from work puts me well within the radius of his shootings, so I figured this thread was very relevant to me as a Michigander and very relevant to those of us that carry for self-defense and drive through that area daily.

If he were reading this forum, which I highly doubt, I don't think it would be encouraging to him to know that random citizens who carry guns in the area have been informed of his sketch and description of his car. If you look at statistics, criminals have more to fear from armed citizens than they do from police.

You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop and confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?! I'm gonna get the f**k out if there!
    There's a police sketch of the guy, so at least one person saw him long enough to get a good description. If that person was carrying, that time observing could have been long enough to 'stop the threat'. Not all shootings were done on the highway. One guy was shot at taking out his trash.
    Last edited by kubel; 10-29-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Thumbs up

@ Kubel -

I understand your reasoning. I was just basing my post off what I've studied in the past & FBI data. Could I have done it in a nicer way? Yes, sorry for coming across so harsh. Lives are on the line and I think we both meant well. Please accept my apology. So far this guy has not killed anyone that we know of, and I hope it does not come to that. By the way I am a life long Michigander and have driven that stretch many times also. I recently moved to the land of sun and guns and I can say this: I doubt this guy would have been breathing very long if he was doing this here in AZ where all LAC's of legal age may carry a firearm on or about their person in a vehicle without a permission slip per http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...kC1b43a8VBKZsw Constitutional carry.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...-murder-1#four

IV. Psychopathy and Serial Murder
    Attendees at the Serial Murder Symposium agreed that there is no generic profile of a serial murderer. Serial killers differ in many ways, including their motivations for killing and their behavior at the crime scene. However, attendees did identify certain traits common to some serial murderers, including sensation seeking, a lack of remorse or guilt, impulsivity, the need for control, and predatory behavior. These traits and behaviors are consistent with the psychopathic personality disorder. Attendees felt it was very important for law enforcement and other professionals in the criminal justice system to understand psychopathy and its relationship to serial murder.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 10-29-2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: clarify things

Bottom line - we are all pulling for an early resolution to this and it is but one more example of why we exercise our option to carry.