• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I-96 Shootings - One person shot

kubel

If he continues now that he knows he shot someone, we may have a very serious problem.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121027/NEWS06/121027016/reports-two-more-shootings-I-96

White guy in 20's or 30's driving a black or dark colored:

Oldsmobile Alero <-- per MSP
Toyota Camery <-- per MSP
Chevrolet Cavalier
Ford Mustang with blue tinted lights and a racing stripe

It would be great if an armed citizen put an end to this before anyone dies.

Not the MI shooter, but related random driveby shooting stupidity. Nice Hannah Montana towel.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=86d_1345317023

FreeInAZ

This thread IS NOT OC related in any way shape or form! It should be labeled as such. Also why give this waste of oxygen any more attention? Attention often fuels these NUTS! Do not feed them, just as we try not to feed forum trolls! :banghead:

Carry on, safely.

WARCHILD

As is the norm for this forum...nothing to talk about...argue about anything! Since OT discussions seem to be the new focus for arguing....

Here's a suggestion for the mod's... make a general discussion thread and sticky it to the mich forum...problem solved.
Granted there is a general thread on the homepage; but I for one don't like sifting through ALL the general discussion looking for something specific to my state.

OR...do nothing and keep the forum busy following all the ******* matches...

JMO; not worth much

Michigander

Considering the fact we carry the means to stop this lunatic on a daily basis, many of us driving down this road, I'd think that worrying about off topic or on topic is stupid. Lives are in danger here, and it is only wise to make sure we understand what's going on.

WARCHILD

Considering the fact we carry the means to stop this lunatic on a daily basis, many of us driving down this road, I'd think that worrying about off topic or on topic is stupid. Lives are in danger here, and it is only wise to make sure we understand what's going on.

Very true but.... The exercising of common sense is not usually practiced on this forum.

TheQ

You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop and confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?!

I'm gonna get the f**k out if there!

Last edited:

SFCRetired

You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop at confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?!

All I'll say is, "Don't get in front of me or you'll have tire tracks right up your trunk!!"

Seriously, unless you are in a position where you are both safe from hostile fire and able to identify and engage the hostile target, making a rapid escape is, by far the best option.

Good advice, TheQ.

TheQ

All I'll say is, "Don't get in front of me or you'll have tire tracks right up your trunk!!"

Seriously, unless you are in a position where you are both safe from hostile fire and able to identify and engage the hostile target, making a rapid escape is, by far the best option.

Good advice, TheQ.

I have a Pontiac Solstice. Assuming a vital part of my engine isn't damaged, I'm going to drop to 3rd or 3 th gear and GTFO!

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

My point was = WHY GIVE THIS A$$HOLE ANY MORE ATTENTION - LET ALONE HIS OWN THREAD ON OCDO??? Crimey! I've heard about him on the news here in AZ... Michigander if you get your news from forum threads, we need to talk my friend. I'll buy you a nice transistor radio capable of picking up both AM & FM stations!:)

This thread while maybe unintentional just gives this creep more attention, which is probably what he wants!:eek:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My point was = WHY GIVE THIS A$$HOLE ANY MORE ATTENTION - LET ALONE HIS OWN THREAD ON OCDO??? Crimey! I've heard about him on the news here in AZ... Michigander if you get your news from forum threads, we need to talk my friend. I'll buy you a nice transistor radio capable of picking up both AM & FM stations!:)

This thread while maybe unintentional just gives this creep more attention, which is probably what he wants!:eek:

Interesting approach. We should just clamp a lid on it and not discuss it? Don't think so - catch him first, then stash him and forget him.

FreeInAZ

Interesting approach. We should just clamp a lid on it and not discuss it? Don't think so - catch him first, then stash him and forget him.

Discuss away, but do so knowing it may fuel his attacks. After this guy is caught is the time for chat when it can do no harm, in my honest opinion. That is what I am trying to point out.

Last edited:

Michigander

You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop and confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?!

If I saw him, yes, I would attempt to kill his ass. If I didn't, I agree with you, drop it in third and red line it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Discuss away, but do so knowing it may fuel his attacks. After this guy is caught is the time for chat when it can do no harm, in my honest opinion. That is what I am trying to point out.

The people have a right to know of the dangers out there. See greater good in advising the citizenry than your approach that may, might, could, possibly feed a twisted ego.

I can just imagine the public outcry if information on the Beltway Sniper (Va - DC) had been kept from the people.

Spreading the word, issuing all points bulletins, news flashes etc. brings pressure to bear - contributes to ending the problem. Don't really care how the BG feels - he is already a threat to the safety of LAC and that, sir, must end.

FreeInAZ

The people have a right to know of the dangers out there. See greater good in advising the citizenry than your approach that may, might, could, possibly feed a twisted ego.

I can just imagine the public outcry if information on the Beltway Sniper (Va - DC) had been kept from the people.

Spreading the word, issuing all points bulletins, news flashes etc. brings pressure to bear - contributes to ending the problem. Don't really care how the BG feels - he is already a threat to the safety of LAC and that, sir, must end.

Again ... this has been plastered all over the news. Not trying to argue here, just saying a open carry forum would be the last place most people would look for news about a freeway sniper correct? So do as you will. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Again ... this has been plastered all over the news. Not trying to argue here, just saying a open carry forum would be the last place most people would look for news about a freeway sniper correct? So do as you will. :)

Yet I found out about it here and if "all over the news" and if this would be the "last place most people would look" then the danger of exacerbating it is extremely limited, yes?

BTW - it is not my will, but as to how best to benefit the forum.

FreeInAZ

Yet I found out about it here and if "all over the news" and if this would be the "last place most people would look" then the danger of exacerbating it is extremely limited, yes?

BTW - it is not my will, but as to how best to benefit the forum.

Whatever - go forth in peace fellow carrier :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Whatever - go forth in peace fellow carrier :D

All is well, no problems here.
icon14.png
:D

kubel

This thread IS NOT OC related in any way shape or form! It should be labeled as such. Also why give this waste of oxygen any more attention? Attention often fuels these NUTS! Do not feed them, just as we try not to feed forum trolls! :banghead:

Carry on, safely.

Wow.

My commute to and from work puts me well within the radius of his shootings, so I figured this thread was very relevant to me as a Michigander and very relevant to those of us that carry for self-defense and drive through that area daily.

If he were reading this forum, which I highly doubt, I don't think it would be encouraging to him to know that random citizens who carry guns in the area have been informed of his sketch and description of his car. If you look at statistics, criminals have more to fear from armed citizens than they do from police.

You're driving down the freeway. A bullet strikes your hood. You're gonna stop and confront the guy who you didn't even see?!?! I'm gonna get the f**k out if there!

There's a police sketch of the guy, so at least one person saw him long enough to get a good description. If that person was carrying, that time observing could have been long enough to 'stop the threat'. Not all shootings were done on the highway. One guy was shot at taking out his trash.

Last edited: