• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From MI - Court upholds OC rights, shoots down "Local control"

mspgunner

I don't know if this will open without your being subscribed to Facebook, but here goes:

Key words: "In a court battle between the CADL and Michigan Open Carry, Inc., the Michigan Court of Appeals ruled that only the state has the power to regulate firearms, not local government. That means the CADL's policy that bans open carry cannot stand. CADL argued that they're exempt because they're an authority, but the court ruled otherwise"

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/...ibraries-176040571.html#.UIyhoaq3cec.facebook

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/...ibraries-176040571.html#.UIyhoaq3cec.facebook

Last edited:

mspgunner

This needs to be bumped to the Michigan folder, not here in Missouri. This has nothing to do with Missouri.

It has a lot to do with Missouri. Thisis what we are trying to do here.

we are trying to get OC rights throughout the State, despite municipal restrictions.

Court decisions as well as State AG decisions like KS can have a profound effect on legislative and court decisions here in Missouri!
Heaven knows we need all the help we can get to fix the stuid local laws we have here in the State of Missery!

We are going all out next year to fix our mess!

If only someone had the finances and time to take RSMO21.750 all the way to the state supreme court and use the MI decision and KS AG decisions I believe that 21.750 would be struck down as against the MO Constitution.

Redbaron007

Thx mspgunner!

This is very good news and I hope it, as well as KS info, can have some influence here on some of the legislators this next session. :cool:

mspgunner

Thx mspgunner!

This is very good news and I hope it, as well as KS info, can have some influence here on some of the legislators this next session. :cool:

Influence and other decisions can make a difference with laws and law makers. I work on our OC rights 7 days a week. If anyone has anything that can help, please post or PM me. I very much hope 2013 will be the year! It would also help - VOTE ED MARTIN FOR MISSOURI ATTORNEY GENERAL!!! Trust me, this may help! Sure can't hurt our cause!

Redbaron007

Influence and other decisions can make a difference with laws and law makers. I work on our OC rights 7 days a week. If anyone has anything that can help, please post or PM me. I very much hope 2013 will be the year! It would also help - VOTE ED MARTIN FOR MISSOURI ATTORNEY GENERAL!!! Trust me, this may help! Sure can't hurt our cause!

He's on my list. :D

REALteach4u

If I see an open weapon I'd probably grab my stuff and leave....
Right. Police officers carry open weapons and those same people don't just get up and leave, so it's obviously not about the open carry of the firearm now is it. It's about the conditioned insecurities created by the media, anti-gun groups like the Brady Campaign, and law enforcement agencies.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Right. Police officers carry open weapons and those same people don't just get up and leave, so it's obviously not about the open carry of the firearm now is it. It's about the conditioned insecurities created by the media, anti-gun groups like the Brady Campaign, and law enforcement agencies.

I've been to many OC gatherings here in Missouri, no one from the non-2A community gets up and leaves. As I found in my brief trips to AZ, and SD, no panic, no alarm and in my experience no calls for "man with a gun". As far as OC goes, the more common place it becomes, the more the general public will accept it. The OC movement is growing nation wide. A soon as I get soem timne I'd like to go to OK, not too far from STL. and meet soem of the folks there at one of their meet and greets, same goes for the KC area. I'll probably wait till spring, I don't care to get snowed in at either one!

We can get more OC rights, step by step, we are making progress.

bp231986

Some one has to do it! I hope to get to Columbia for your next meet up, sounds like a great group of people!
Post 'em early and I'll do my best!

lol i havent even made it to my own group yet. Last meeting they had at Steak + Shake i had to work otherwise i would have made it. Hopefully there will be another to come and ill be able to make it and if you can by all means please do come!!!

Fallschirjmäger

Lansing resident Morgan DelValle said:

2009-05-06-pro_elitism.png

Last edited:

mspgunner

lol i havent even made it to my own group yet. Last meeting they had at Steak + Shake i had to work otherwise i would have made it. Hopefully there will be another to come and ill be able to make it and if you can by all means please do come!!!

If it will get posted early enough with directions off of I-70 I'll do my best to get there.

Right2BearFTW

If it will get posted early enough with directions off of I-70 I'll do my best to get there.

Hello, I am new to OC(In fact, I haven't even done it yet). I live in the Central Missouri area and I plan on OCing on the Katy Trail later today to go on a walk. But anyway, where can I find some of these groups?

mspgunner

Hello, I am new to OC(In fact, I haven't even done it yet). I live in the Central Missouri area and I plan on OCing on the Katy Trail later today to go on a walk. But anyway, where can I find some of these groups?

When there are get togethers, they wil lbe posted on the forum. There are Ocers in Columbia and Jefferson City in Mid-MO.
There will be a lot of us at Rally Day at the Capitol April 18th. A great place to network and meet other OCers.

The Rally Day is a 2nd amendment rally, not just OC.

HP995

To the original topic: Yes please! That would be so cool if we had statewide no-nonsense OC in MO.

(And the constitution demands it, really. Let's press hard to get this implemented. No restrictions, no permits or nonsense.)

Right2BearFTW

When there are get togethers, they wil lbe posted on the forum. There are Ocers in Columbia and Jefferson City in Mid-MO.
There will be a lot of us at Rally Day at the Capitol April 18th. A great place to network and meet other OCers.

The Rally Day is a 2nd amendment rally, not just OC.

Thanks! Yeah I am planning on trying to make that rally.