Thread: West Virginia Citizen Defense League - Meet-n-Greet ... Eastern Panhandle/Mart 11/17

West Virginia Citizen Defense League - Meet-n-Greet ... Eastern Panhandle/Mart 11/17

H Douglas Palmer, a local WVCDL member, is trying to get folks for a WVCDL members and non-members together for a meet-n-greet here in Martinsburg, WV at Hoss' Steakhouse on November 17th.

Please go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/WVCDL/ and RSVP if you would like to attend.

Last time we had Mr. Heller of District of Columbia v. Heller and we had a turnout in the ball park of 60-75 people.

I doubt there will be any celebrities, it sounds like more of a get together to meet new folks and say Hi to old acquaintances.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-10-2012 at 09:43 PM.

To the top .... 49 views, no replies

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I plan on being there if I can.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    I plan on being there if I can.
    Looking forward to meeting you!

I work on Saturday and Sunday's.
    But if you were to ever have something like this going on a Friday or other weeknight, I would be definitely be there.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Nice meeting. Wasn't thrilled about some anti-OC comments. Also some miss-information about the Martinsburg city weapons ban. But beside that lots of good.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Any news on the upcoming legislative session from the meeting?

Hmm.. Generic optimism I guess.
    The Martinsburg law suit was kicked out of the fed courts back to the state level. It is currently dead in the water until a reorganization of the "legal" side of WVCDL can be completed. Basically it sounds like trying to replace Jim Mulliuns after his very unfortunate passing... Which may be impossible. He was a very strong 2A supporter giving away his time to help The People of WV.

As far as upcoming legislation there is a new plan of attack to just focus on one small item at a time. There was talk of perhaps trying to introduce legislation to standardize the appearance of all the WV counties concealed permits.... And perhaps using that as a vehicle to "tag on" a few more substantial pieces such as cleaning up the DNR laws.

I did appreciate hearing the supportive language of Patrick Morrisey, the new AG. He called in during the meeting a made a speech about supporting the 2A via a cell phone speaker.

Unyielding optimism. Just a few minor changes could make the state a lot more OC friendly. I hope the small approach, along with the new AG yields some results.