• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

West Virginia Citizen Defense League - Meet-n-Greet ... Eastern Panhandle/Mart 11/17

Shallnotbeinfringed

H Douglas Palmer, a local WVCDL member, is trying to get folks for a WVCDL members and non-members together for a meet-n-greet here in Martinsburg, WV at Hoss' Steakhouse on November 17th.

Please go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/WVCDL/ and RSVP if you would like to attend.

Last time we had Mr. Heller of District of Columbia v. Heller and we had a turnout in the ball park of 60-75 people.

I doubt there will be any celebrities, it sounds like more of a get together to meet new folks and say Hi to old acquaintances.

Last edited by a moderator:

twoskinsonemanns

Nice meeting. Wasn't thrilled about some anti-OC comments. Also some miss-information about the Martinsburg city weapons ban. But beside that lots of good.

twoskinsonemanns

Hmm.. Generic optimism I guess.
The Martinsburg law suit was kicked out of the fed courts back to the state level. It is currently dead in the water until a reorganization of the "legal" side of WVCDL can be completed. Basically it sounds like trying to replace Jim Mulliuns after his very unfortunate passing... Which may be impossible. He was a very strong 2A supporter giving away his time to help The People of WV.

As far as upcoming legislation there is a new plan of attack to just focus on one small item at a time. There was talk of perhaps trying to introduce legislation to standardize the appearance of all the WV counties concealed permits.... And perhaps using that as a vehicle to "tag on" a few more substantial pieces such as cleaning up the DNR laws.

I did appreciate hearing the supportive language of Patrick Morrisey, the new AG. He called in during the meeting a made a speech about supporting the 2A via a cell phone speaker. :)

Ex Pat

Unyielding optimism.:lol: Just a few minor changes could make the state a lot more OC friendly. I hope the small approach, along with the new AG yields some results.