• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearm recall notice

mspgunner

Walther announces PK380 pistol recall. During an internal quality review, Carl Walther GmbH has identified a condition that may exist in certain PK380 pistols which may permit a round to be discharged if the trigger is pulled, despite engagement of the manual safety. Walther has found that engagement of the manual safety may not prevent firing of a chambered round when the trigger is pulled. This recall applies to Walterh PK380, .380ACP pistols manufactured by Carl Walther GmbH from May through September 2012, which have serial number range from PK101201 to PK112155.
The company urges that owners stop using their pistols and return them to Walter America at once.
Any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury, and the company asks that owners stop using such pistol until they have an opportunity to inspect it to amke certain that there is no discharge with the safety engaged.
To facilitate the inspection and repair, if necessary, of your pistol, please contact Waltheramerica's customer service department at 1-800-713-0356 to receive instructions and a call tag for the return of the pistol to Waltheramerica.
Additional information will be posted on Waltheramerica.com. If you have any questions please contact Waltheramerica at: 1-800-713-0356.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
That's only from a half-year production window. They must have found a batch of parts with some defective examples. It can't be a design flaw in the pistol, or all would have been affected. I wouldn't let it dissuade you from purchasing one.

Festus_Hagen

That's only from a half-year production window. They must have found a batch of parts with some defective examples. It can't be a design flaw in the pistol, or all would have been affected. I wouldn't let it dissuade you from purchasing one.
No , these are great guns, I have one myself as well as the P22 . Great guns in my experience.