• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent OC in N.CO

AirborneVet

I have been OCing in N. CO the past few days, I have just decided to do some research prior to beginning to carry again. The past few times I have gone out I have not had any trouble or issues.

I have gone to Wal-mart off HWY 14 & Lemay a few times with no problem from the people or other customers. I even sat down and had a haircut at the shop in there. the girl was not bothered and she did ask me about it. She said she used to be against firearms but then when she got married her hubby was and avid hunter and shooter. She has been desensitized! :)

I have also been through Old Town a few times with no strange look that I noticed. I have gone into King Soopers off Timberline & Drake..uneventful there too, I was even smiled at from a few customers and the checkout girl.

The Starbucks Downtown in Old Town had no problem with a few of us sitting there for coffee for about 2 hrs. We had also brought a laptop and were discussing the constitution and a few people seemed interested and I know they listened in when I started talking about the 2A and how it applies to us.

I have been working on a flier/pamphlet about OC and how we have the right to exercise it and in it has a statement to LEO's for possible encounters. I Will try to get it complete and need to post it somewhere so that it may be available to all here in CO and you have to add your own restrictions/limitations for local municipalities codes & enforcement.
I am not trying to make it a novel, however, I want to cite some good cases that support OC/CC facts and show the CO statute on regulation of firearms if there is one to refer to. Can anyone help? It would make it easier for me in the pamphlet building and design.

Thanks all, I am glad I found this and glad to be part of this community.
Remember, even if you don't carry, a citizen that knows their rights and how to exercise them is still well armed!

PikesPeakMtnMan

I have been OCing in N. CO the past few days, I have just decided to do some research prior to beginning to carry again. The past few times I have gone out I have not had any trouble or issues.

I have gone to Wal-mart off HWY 14 & Lemay a few times with no problem from the people or other customers. I even sat down and had a haircut at the shop in there. the girl was not bothered and she did ask me about it. She said she used to be against firearms but then when she got married her hubby was and avid hunter and shooter. She has been desensitized! :)

I have also been through Old Town a few times with no strange look that I noticed. I have gone into King Soopers off Timberline & Drake..uneventful there too, I was even smiled at from a few customers and the checkout girl.

The Starbucks Downtown in Old Town had no problem with a few of us sitting there for coffee for about 2 hrs. We had also brought a laptop and were discussing the constitution and a few people seemed interested and I know they listened in when I started talking about the 2A and how it applies to us.

I have been working on a flier/pamphlet about OC and how we have the right to exercise it and in it has a statement to LEO's for possible encounters. I Will try to get it complete and need to post it somewhere so that it may be available to all here in CO and you have to add your own restrictions/limitations for local municipalities codes & enforcement.
I am not trying to make it a novel, however, I want to cite some good cases that support OC/CC facts and show the CO statute on regulation of firearms if there is one to refer to. Can anyone help? It would make it easier for me in the pamphlet building and design.

Thanks all, I am glad I found this and glad to be part of this community.
Remember, even if you don't carry, a citizen that knows their rights and how to exercise them is still well armed!

something like this...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4PF_hPhOiLJbGRDZEdaaFN3MnM/edit

AirborneVet

Exactly like that, I was going to add in about the LEO stop & identify (Terry Stop) also and how OCing in itself does not give LEO's RAS to S&ID, or Terry Stop which violates 4th,14th & 5th amendments.

Thanks for the Link! Much Appreciated!