Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Carrying at a LVMPD station?

  1. #1
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92

    Carrying at a LVMPD station?

    I got a recent fix-it ticket for my tail light being out, i had a bad ground i guess. I fixed it and was gonna head over to the metro station on west cheyenne. Should i leave it in my car during the whole ordeal? Unload and still carry? And what do i have to go through to have the ticket written off?
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  2. #2
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherprice View Post
    I got a recent fix-it ticket for my tail light being out, i had a bad ground i guess. I fixed it and was gonna head over to the metro station on west cheyenne. Should i leave it in my car during the whole ordeal? Unload and still carry? And what do i have to go through to have the ticket written off?
    There is another thread on here regarding carry at LVMPD.

    Ultimately in all likelihood you will be surrounded and asked to leave and threatened by the jack-booted thugs.

    Can't help you on the ticket.

    There
    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    If you have legitimate business there, they shouldn't say anything about it.

    I wish that could be the extent of my post. You WILL be illegally detained and they will refuse to conduct your lawful business. They will violate several laws, and possibly your person as well.

    Would you care to be our test case all the way to the Nevada Supreme Court?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  4. #4
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    There is another thread on here regarding carry at LVMPD.

    Ultimately in all likelihood you will be surrounded and asked to leave and threatened by the jack-booted thugs.

    Can't help you on the ticket.

    There
    TBG
    Thank you TBG, almost 40 views and no comments on this haha. I did see a video on youtube where a guy went into a NHP and OC'ed. There was a sign on the door, NRS 202.3673, which states that CONCEALED firearms are illegal in this building. Nice to have a 1up on CCers. Snobby CC'ers need to be put in their place every now and again...
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  5. #5
    Regular Member punisherprice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    If you have legitimate business there, they shouldn't say anything about it.

    I wish that could be the extent of my post. You WILL be illegally detained and they will refuse to conduct your lawful business. They will violate several laws, and possibly your person as well.

    Would you care to be our test case all the way to the Nevada Supreme Court?
    Thanks for the reply too! In all honesty, all i have to my name is a beat up 70's Buick and a .45 colt. I assume if i sell both, that i'll still be short about $20,000 in legal fees if i want to take it up in court....i believe the .45 colt is worth more than the car....
    "Si vis pacem parabellum" - If you want peace, Prepare for war.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    I've open carried into a Nevada police station on multiple occassions. NRS 202.3673 is not applicable to open carry. In a video two forum members are prevented from conducting business at a police station, which is a crime (NRS 207.190 coercion). They are threatened not with arrest for concealed carry or trespassing (neither of which are convictable), but obstructing an officer.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    La Paz county, Arizona.
    Posts
    338
    I'm sure its legal and I'm sure you'll get hassled.
    What I do is open carry my empty holster, this way I still get to protest but not get arrested, that would look pretty dumb to a judge - arresting a guy for a holster.

    i ccw too.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by chrsjhnsn View Post
    I'm sure its legal and I'm sure you'll get hassled.
    What I do is open carry my empty holster, this way I still get to protest but not get arrested...
    Actually, they are pros at hassling you for eternity without actually arresting you. That involves paperwork and a court which will turn around and bite them in the ass.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •