Thread: north lv pd

north lv pd

I am on the phone with dispatch at the non emer number and the lady tells me that even with a permit that carry in north town is illegal. So I ask for her name and ID number and she puts me on hold when I state that she is giving false info

north lv pd

Is there more to this story? What was the resolution? Why were you callig the police in the first place? Some information is missing here...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I was calling to see what they say about oc in the dmv. I know its legal but I have never done it and everytime I call I get good results followed by the we dont recomend it. She told me that north las vegas does not allow the carrying of firearms not open or concealed with permit. I was transfered to another man who then transfetred me to another woman who told me the first lady ID number and then told me to contact DMV.

north lv pd

Thanks for the clarification. In general, I advise against calling the police regarding legal issues. They are not attorneys so they really aren't the best source of legal advice. You would be better off asking an attorney. You would even be better off asking here, you are more likely to get the the correct answer and a cite to back it up without all their crap recommendations.

Re: north lv pd

Both hubby and I have carried at the Decatur DMV with no issues and the one on Sahara I believe it was, also no issues. The Sahara location had a sign on the door saying no conceal carry and it had the relevant NRS code but we both OC and just got looks from the "security" guard.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

I just received a call from Tom at DMV and they are revising their policy to make it so that even oc is not allowed. Which I don't thing they can do. He made it sound like the change was going to happen real soon.

north lv pd

Quote Originally Posted by peckerwood1986 View Post
    I just received a call from Tom at DMV and they are revising their policy to make it so that even oc is not allowed. Which I don't thing they can do. He made it sound like the change was going to happen real soon.
    Doesn't NV have pre-emption?

Yes, the only way the DMV can ban OC is to get the Legislature to do it with a state law. Next session meets next year, but we really don't have anything to worry about.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

How did he say they were going to change it? Under what authority?

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

He said they were changing policy on the open carry and soon it will not be allowed at all

He said they were changing policy on the open carry and soon it will not be allowed at all
    Posturing. Just looking for a loophole. If they were going to do it, why wait?

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Sooooo.......

WHY did "Tom at DMV" call you to tell you that?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Tom who? People here on this forum worked hard to get the DMV in line. If some yahoo is trying to undo that we need to know who.

I did not get his last name but but I have a number. I sent dmv a email asking about their policy and he called me.

I have carryed there before and I did not want to get hasseled like I did last time this time I was going to have my daughters with me so I wanted to check

This is what I got back in email
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	9470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	9471  

In their defense, they get tons of emails every day asking questions about stuff that people should be able to figure out for themselves. They probably will not spend much time responding to someone who uses "peckerwood" as an email address to conduct business with. So they probably did not give your question much weight, ESPECIALLY since they don't like the answer.

Of course, "law enforcement" is also not a good choice to ask, as you know. I also might recommend a more kosher email address for conducting business of this type.

While I didn't see what your specific question was, your subject line was a little overly terse. In our community, we can say "open carry" and we know we are referring to a properly holstered handgun. Others may not assume that.
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-31-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Very true mac I just thought I would share that with everyone.

As stated on here before, the DMV is legal (as far as OC is concerned. See video of last Friday: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26647628#_=_

Just to help with confusion, If you are really trying to get a correct answer from a Political subdivision or the like, your first question should be .... "Who do I talk to about this?" It appears from your email that you were conversing with the FAQ help desk!
    Last edited by DON`T TREAD ON ME; 11-05-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: the usual

I actually just watched your vid and commented in the other thread about it. I was talking to a actual officer according to the dispatch which transfered me to her. I did state when originally contacting the hot line that it was a firearms question.

I actually just watched your vid and commented in the other thread about it. I was talking to a actual officer according to the dispatch which transfered me to her. I did state when originally contacting the hot line that it was a firearms question.
    Oh my mistake, I thought you were conversing with the DMV North Las Vegas Police are like the thugs who steal bait cars. They are opportunists. If they think you don'tt know the law they will arrest you for doing something perfectly legal. That Dispatcher can be telling you that they do not know on one hand, while dispatching a unit to the "crimescene " at the same time.

Its ok I did not mean to confuse anyone one. I agree with you about how they act though. I have called with questions before and they almost always give me the correct answer followed by the we dont recomend that or the you should get a permit. I do have a permit but choose to oc more then cc.

I though may be a year back someone received a phone call or e-mail saying the DMV had communicated with their staff letting them know OCing was legal in the DMV.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I though may be a year back someone received a phone call or e-mail saying the DMV had communicated with their staff letting them know OCing was legal in the DMV.
    Yep it's a done deal. I think Sab, Tim,Dave,and the big guy did that.