• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

north lv pd

peckerwood1986

I am on the phone with dispatch at the non emer number and the lady tells me that even with a permit that carry in north town is illegal. So I ask for her name and ID number and she puts me on hold when I state that she is giving false info

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Is there more to this story? What was the resolution? Why were you callig the police in the first place? Some information is missing here...

peckerwood1986

I was calling to see what they say about oc in the dmv. I know its legal but I have never done it and everytime I call I get good results followed by the we dont recomend it. She told me that north las vegas does not allow the carrying of firearms not open or concealed with permit. I was transfered to another man who then transfetred me to another woman who told me the first lady ID number and then told me to contact DMV.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the clarification. In general, I advise against calling the police regarding legal issues. They are not attorneys so they really aren't the best source of legal advice. You would be better off asking an attorney. You would even be better off asking here, you are more likely to get the the correct answer and a cite to back it up without all their crap recommendations.

DooFstersGirl

Both hubby and I have carried at the Decatur DMV with no issues and the one on Sahara I believe it was, also no issues. The Sahara location had a sign on the door saying no conceal carry and it had the relevant NRS code but we both OC and just got looks from the "security" guard.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

peckerwood1986

I just received a call from Tom at DMV and they are revising their policy to make it so that even oc is not allowed. Which I don't thing they can do. He made it sound like the change was going to happen real soon.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Yes, the only way the DMV can ban OC is to get the Legislature to do it with a state law. Next session meets next year, but we really don't have anything to worry about.

The Big Guy

I just received a call from Tom at DMV and they are revising their policy to make it so that even oc is not allowed. Which I don't thing they can do. He made it sound like the change was going to happen real soon.

How did he say they were going to change it? Under what authority?

TBG

Vegassteve

Tom who? People here on this forum worked hard to get the DMV in line. If some yahoo is trying to undo that we need to know who.

peckerwood1986

I did not get his last name but but I have a number. I sent dmv a email asking about their policy and he called me.

peckerwood1986

I have carryed there before and I did not want to get hasseled like I did last time this time I was going to have my daughters with me so I wanted to check

peckerwood1986

This is what I got back in email

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 148

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
In their defense, they get tons of emails every day asking questions about stuff that people should be able to figure out for themselves. They probably will not spend much time responding to someone who uses "peckerwood" as an email address to conduct business with. So they probably did not give your question much weight, ESPECIALLY since they don't like the answer.

Of course, "law enforcement" is also not a good choice to ask, as you know. I also might recommend a more kosher email address for conducting business of this type.

While I didn't see what your specific question was, your subject line was a little overly terse. In our community, we can say "open carry" and we know we are referring to a properly holstered handgun. Others may not assume that.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

As stated on here before, the DMV is legal (as far as OC is concerned. See video of last Friday: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26647628#_=_

Just to help with confusion, If you are really trying to get a correct answer from a Political subdivision or the like, your first question should be .... "Who do I talk to about this?" It appears from your email that you were conversing with the FAQ help desk!

Last edited:

peckerwood1986

I actually just watched your vid and commented in the other thread about it. I was talking to a actual officer according to the dispatch which transfered me to her. I did state when originally contacting the hot line that it was a firearms question.