• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Sound OC Coffee - Bothell - 11/3 @ 10AM

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
This event is only minutes from I-5, WA-522, I-405 and centrally located in the region.

Its time again for the East Sound Open Carry Coffee event.

Event Details
Date: 11/3/2012 (This Saturday)
Time: 10:00AM

The Lyons Den
Address: 10415 Beardslee Boulevard, Bothell, WA 98011
Phone: (425) 398-9792 ‎
Google Map: http://g.co/maps/2kj4n

Hope to see you there!

jsanchez

Really! Yuv got to be kidding me! The Lion's Den AGAIN! Just shoot me! You mean to tell me there's no other place in Monroe, or Snohomish, or Kirkland waterfront, or Woodinville, or anyplace on Gods green earth! We have alot of kids showing up, what about a Mcdonalds with a playground. Something else thats been frustrating me, is in the summer time we could have gone to a park!

Don't get me wrong I love seeing all of you! I just think we need to share the gospel with other people, share the open carry love.

Thanks for reading.

Oh by the way I could use a big pile of pamphlets if anyone has any. Bookman maybe?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Really! Yuv got to be kidding me! The Lion's Den AGAIN! Just shoot me! You mean to tell me there's no other place in Monroe, or Snohomish, or Kirkland waterfront, or Woodinville, or anyplace on Gods green earth! We have alot of kids showing up, what about a Mcdonalds with a playground. Something else thats been frustrating me, is in the summer time we could have gone to a park!

Don't get me wrong I love seeing all of you! I just think we need to share the gospel with other people, share the open carry love.

Thanks for reading.

Oh by the way I could use a big pile of pamphlets if anyone has any. Bookman maybe?

Stop complaining, you can set your own meet at anytime.

jsanchez

Stop complaining, you can set your own meet at anytime.

Maybe I should come to one of those south end meetings and join the march of the penguins, Ihop, starbuck, Ihop, starbucks.

Gogo you know I love you, but why don't you take your own advice.

"There are always new people that may want to join. There are plenty of 'lurkers' that may even show up. Embrace them all and have fun."

jsanchez

What about Cabela's in Marysville. They have a resteruant with plenty of tables and chairs, and alot of like minded people that might want a flier. Then afterwards if you have shopping to do there's a walmart and factory outlet stores. Just throwing an idea out there thats all.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Eric, I think you're missing the point. I started the "every month, same time, same day" thing so people would know when and where to go without having to look for a specific thread on here.

If you don't like the format, start your own.

acmariner99

My Kimber and I will be there

I like the meet where it is - if you want to set up your own or have an impromptu meet, you are more than welcome to. Keep in mind, some of us don't want to travel long distances to get a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
And just like that, something came up and I won't make my own meet. Sorry guys, have a good one!

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
What about Cabela's in Marysville. They have a resteruant with plenty of tables and chairs, and alot of like minded people that might want a flier. Then afterwards if you have shopping to do there's a walmart and factory outlet stores. Just throwing an idea out there thats all.

Respectfully, and I mean that seriously, I don't want to go up to Cabela's and fight the crowds. Unless we are having a specific Open Carry Meet to make a point, I like the quiet atmosphere at Lyons Den so we can have room to sit, room for the kids, have a quiet talk among ourselves and other OCDO individuals who show up. And frankly, I go for my morning Latte, which I can't get at McDonalds/BurgerKing/Cabela's etc.

Lyons Den has a much quieter atmosphere than the Starbucks we used to meet at, and the ability to spend quality time visiting and discussing great topics amongst ourselves is important to me. As far as shopping goes, I just walk across the street to DJ's and have the ability to spend way too much money already as it is ;)

Having said that, I am once again working so won't be there :(. Hope you all had a good morning.

jsanchez

Well it seems that the majority don't want a venue change. So majority rules. Thank you for listening to my input. It was great seeing everyone yesterday. Sorry to here Slapmonkey is moving to Montana and won't be attending our coffee meets anymore. See you guys at next month meet.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Well it seems that the majority don't want a venue change. So majority rules. Thank you for listening to my input. It was great seeing everyone yesterday. Sorry to here Slapmonkey is moving to Montana and won't be attending our coffee meets anymore. See you guys at next month meet.

I will actually be here till February. Something just came up that made it so we could not make yesterday. Plenty of time to plan that going away party. My wife however will be going over ahead of me and she probably won't make any more of the meets.

Last edited: