• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who is going to Walmart..

okiephlyer

or anywhere else, at 1201 am on Thursday morning. Would be interesting to see how many start OC'ing the minute it becomes legal in the state. I'm not talking about in your car or some other place that is not in the public eye, but out where it is visible to the public, whether they may notice it, or not. Wish I could say that I will be there, but I hope to be sound asleep at that time. However, the OC lunch is another story.

Gary S

I will be sound asleep at that time but will be going to the lunch, that's the only plan i have, but thinking about it now i may walk my dog in the neighborhood a couple of times before lunch, she is a good looking German shepherd and loves going on walks.

Ljon

Walmart open carry

I was talking to the dept manager of sporting goods at the Newcastle tri city walmart a few weeks ago and he said walmart wasn't going to allow open carry. Was he wrong?:question:

Gary S

I was talking to the dept manager of sporting goods at the Newcastle tri city walmart a few weeks ago and he said walmart wasn't going to allow open carry. Was he wrong?:question:
From what i understand from other post from people here walmarts policy is to go by the state law.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

It' worth some phone calls to the store manager, Regional and District Managers now instead of having to wait till after he imposes his preferences. Just be prepared to explain the law since they might not be up on the change. (Is anybody in OK not up on the change?)

This was set up for first-time CCers, but it works just as well for OCers testing out the waters. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...48-1st-time-concealed-carry-walmart-walk.html But I do understand that the Nach Station may have closed.

Let us know what happens.

stay safe.

Aknazer

He is both wrong and right. If he has you leave then you need to comply. However the franchise policy is to follow state law, which means that you can basically get walmart higher-ups to get the store to comply (and thus he is wrong for going against franchise policy).

Brandon9mm

He is both wrong and right. If he has you leave then you need to comply. However the franchise policy is to follow state law, which means that you can basically get walmart higher-ups to get the store to comply (and thus he is wrong for going against franchise policy).

I would say when you go to comply with what the manager says so you are not accused of trespassing and contact HQ if they give you a hard time about it. It may take corporate telling them that it is ok. I am sure Walmart is not concerned with telling their employees what there stance is if they have never had the issue come up before.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Come on, folks! It's after midnight already. Where are the AARs?

Oh, wait! I'm on the East coast and Oklahoma is not.

Can I stay up another 2 hours to read the first OC experience post?

As Red Green used to say, "We're pulling for you".

stay safe.

mlr

Just got back from my shopping trip to Enid's Wal Mart and did not spot anyone carrying. I didn't really think that I would see anyone.

Michael

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I stopped by Belle Isle Wal Mart on my way home from the Open Carry Breakfast at Beverly's. I got an energy drink for tomorrow, some cat litter, and some milk. Honestly, I don't think anyone even noticed. Being the 1st of the month, I had to wait in line quite a while. Apparently WIC vouchers take a long time to process or something. I was carrying a S&W K frame in a Safariland holster.

Wonder if I'm the 1st OC in Wal Mart in Oklahoma?

mlr

No one noticed? I would have thought there would have been mass hysteria, folks jumping out of windows and the National Guard being called out. You mean to tell me that no one died? The isles were not running red with blood?

Michael

RugerP95DC

I stopped by Walgreens on my way home in Norman and picked up two perscriptions, the guy at the front couter said hi, the manager said hi, and the pharmacist said hi, I was carrying Ruger P95 with an extra HiCap clip

OC for ME

No one noticed? I would have thought there would have been mass hysteria, folks jumping out of windows and the National Guard being called out. You mean to tell me that no one died? The isles were not running red with blood?

Michael
aisles.....;)

OC for ME

OK.....be honest. Who took a nap so they could get up at midnight and do the Walmart Walk? Who was seating profusely while doing their Walmart Walk? Who had their head on a well oiled swivel?

.....c'mon, you can tell us.;)

Ljon

Walmart open carry

Thanks everyone for your advice!

mlr

Wish to thank everyone who took the time to send cards and letters correcting me for my incorrect use of words in a previous post on this thread. Now I know to ask which aisle and not which isle they keep the clips I'm needing for my rifle. I only wish the people I meet in those aisles would be as gracious when I chide them on their weight or appearance as I am when receiving criticism about my improper use of language on line.

Actually I do appreciate the constructive criticism. Lord knows I need it.

Michael

Aknazer

wish to thank everyone who took the time to send cards and letters correcting me for my incorrect use of words in a previous post on this thread. Now i know to ask which aisle and not which isle they keep the clips i'm needing for my rifle. i only wish the people i meet in those aisles would be as gracious when i chide them on their weight or appearance as i am when receiving criticism about my improper use of language on line.

Actually i do appreciate the constructive criticism. Lord knows i need it.

Michael

I C WAT U DED THUR

EDIT: Apparently the forum doesn't like all caps posts and auto makes them all lowercase.

Last edited: