• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Lunch Birch Run Nov. 24th

FreeInAZ

Sorry Ken243 for adding to the side-tracking of this thread. I truly hope the lunch goes well. With any luck I may be able to get back to town in the near future.

Carry on friends - openly & safely.

TheQ

All,

The OP has offered to get involved in the leadership of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. as an event coordinator. This is his first go at an event. Good volunteers are hard to come by. Please don't give him so much crap for taking time to setup an event unless you're willing to volunteer and set one up once a month yourself.

Good volunteers are hard to come by. Please cut him some slack.

DanM

Dan - I thought I was clear that I was speaking as to how the legislature sees the entire gun community, they tend to lump us together in my experience.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Good point, and I think while battling Fudds that I would articulate as best I could why they are really hurting RKBA. If a politician is paying attention to the fight, then I would assume he's paying attention to what is being articulated. I will not stop battling the Fudds, though. :)

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
All,

The OP has offered to get involved in the leadership of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. as an event coordinator. This is his first go at an event. Good volunteers are hard to come by. Please don't give him so much crap for taking time to setup an event unless you're willing to volunteer and set one up once a month yourself.

Good volunteers are hard to come by. Please cut him some slack.

By all means, go to the lunch! Didn't mean to hurt his feelings, but I still stand by the need to refuse to patronize the enemy. United we stand!

ken243

By all means, go to the lunch! Didn't mean to hurt his feelings, but I still stand by the need to refuse to patronize the enemy. United we stand!

No one hurt my feelings. Good points were made but the whole point of this event is a social gathering. It has been side tracked by the gun show polices.

ken243

I got the final word today, no guns at the gun show. I will not be going to the expo center after the lunch. If anyone would like to walk around the out mall after feel free to join me.