Thread: BabiesRUs/ToysRUs posted a "firearms are prohibited" sign.

BabiesRUs/ToysRUs posted a "firearms are prohibited" sign.

In case any of you are heading to BabiesRUs/ToysRUs in Manchester....they posted a sign saying Firearms are prohibited in there...it's somewhat new as 6 months or so ago it wasn't there and I OCed there often.

Re: BabiesRUs/ToysRUs posted a "firearms are prohibited" sign.

I believe this is their corporate policy. Everyone I've been in, in different states is posted.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by SPOProds View Post
    I believe this is their corporate policy. Everyone I've been in, in different states is posted.

I'd been OCing for a year and a half at the Manchester one without a peep and never saw a sign...but I hadn't been there for a few months and I saw it and noticed they remodeled their entry way. They lost out on a $200 new car seat purchase due to it as well.
    Last edited by doobie; 10-31-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Their stores are posted in Connecticut too, so it definitely seems to be corporate policy.

I sent an email a while back and requested them to remove my kids from their "birthday" mailing list since we will not be shopping there any more. I specifically cited their policy as the reason. My email was very polite, but I made it clear that their policy makes it safer for criminals and less safe for customers. I got a reply saying they were removed as requested and nothing else.

It seems they don't care about losing customers!
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Re: BabiesRUs/ToysRUs posted a "firearms are prohibited" sign.

Its to protect the kids

It's corporate policy. Good reason to shop elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie
    They lost out on a $200 new car seat purchase due to it as well.
    Write that store, write corporate, include a copy of your receipt.
    Money is the only thing they understand.

They are posted in MI too. My local store lost out on a sale for a whole set of furniture (changing table, crib, etc) a little over a year ago when I was there to buy the furniture and have my brother pick up out of state. They didn't seem to really care.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 11-05-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.