• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please Help With Comments!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
We are having trouble with a county here in Kentucky that is tying to skirt its way around our preemption statute, which is rock solid (can be found here: http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/065-00/870.PDF ). There are no restrictions as to where openly carried firearms can be carried in Kentucky (except for K-12 schools and detention facilities) and they say they are going to file a lawsuit to get open carry banned!?!? I would appreciate support in the comments section. We are trying our best to educate the Fiscal court and the news agency that has this article on the web, but it is going to take some work.

We have finally made them understand that it is legal and that their ordinance is illegal, but they are still refusing to rescind it. They have until January, and then we can sue them to have the ordinance rescinded. Help us with the comments; the more we have, the more the Court will realize they need to abide by the will of the people, and of the State!

The article is here: http://www.thelevisalazer.com/news/...0-against-second-reading-of-logging-ordinance . The comment section is at the bottom of the page.

OC for ME

Done.

Sheriff Garrett Roberts, typical bureaucrat with a badge. That Morris Howard fella is a nitwit....."why would they wan to do that?"

Sheesh.....are magistrates elected or appointed? Either way that nitwit needs to be shown the door.

twoskinsonemanns

Done. We should all participate in these request for support.
It would only take two minutes of your life. One day you might be the one asking for help.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Done.

Sheriff Garrett Roberts, typical bureaucrat with a badge. That Morris Howard fella is a nitwit....."why would they wan to do that?"

Sheesh.....are magistrates elected or appointed? Either way that nitwit needs to be shown the door.

The magistrates are elected to either 2 or 4 year terms (I'm not sure what the length is in Lawrence county). The Sheriff threatened me with arrest because the County attorney told him to arrest me, along with the gentleman I was with! This man has no idea what power the posistion he has even holds, and he allows the County attorney to determine his every move from what I have seen.

The entire Fiscal court refused to do anything until the CA advised them, even though they have all read KRS 65.870. I don't believe they realize how serious the situation is for them, and I believe the CA is going to be hated by the entire Court once they all have lost their posistions and have criminal records.

The County attorney became very distraught one day when another member and myself carried into "his" courthouse, and he grabbed my hand when he snatched papers from it to throw them on the ground. I should have filed assault charges on him for acting like a complete idiot. They keep claiming that people can come in armed and cause harm, but with an attitude like his, I wonder who we really need to be worried about? This man was yelling over a citizen redressing a grievance! He has obviously never been confronted before, and it really makes me wonder what other illegal activities are being thrown under the rug.

Thank you for your comment and support; it is refreshing to see all of the support for our right in the comment section!

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Done. We should all participate in these request for support.
It would only take two minutes of your life. One day you might be the one asking for help.

You are right. I have hit polls and comments for other people, and now it is I that needs the help. These people are very illogical, and they believe they are going to amend the Kentucky constitution! That day will never come; Kentuckians will never give up their right to bear arms.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The NRA-ILA has sent out an alert on this subject. Below is the alert and contact information for those that are attempting a useless lawsuit that has already been attempted by a city of the first class: Louisville (the largest city in Kentucky). Please contact these people and inform them that they shouldn't waste people's hard-lost tax dollars on a lawsuit that will accomplish nothing besides making them look like fools.

John Osbourne and Mike Hogan are the ones that should be notified if you don't feel like contacting them all.

On Monday, October 26, Lawrence County officials voted 4-0 during a fiscal court hearing in favor of filing suit with the Commonwealth of Kentucky to remove the current right of Kentucky’s residents to lawfully open carry in courtrooms across the state.

Thanks to NRA members in the Bluegrass State, HB 500 which further strengthened Kentucky’s current firearms preemption statutes by more narrowly limiting the regulation of firearms at a local level, was enacted into law during the 2012 session.

With such strong pro-Second Amendment statutes on the books related to local gun control, Lawrence County officials have decided to backpedal on the progress we have already made. Kentucky’s already overly burdened court system would be further burdened with a lawsuit that will directly infringe upon your individual gun rights.

We urge you to call and/or e-mail these local officials TODAY and respectfully urge them NOT to file this unnecessary and misguided lawsuit that would directly infringe upon your lawful open carry rights. Their contact information can be found below.

John A. Osborne - County Judge Executive
606-638-4102
josborne@kycomonline.com

Mike Hogan – County Attorney
606-638-4050
mike@hdpfirm.com

Garrett Roberts – County Sheriff
606-638-4368
stg717@yahoo.com

Morris Howard – Magistrate District 1
606-652-4178

John J. LeMaster – Magistrate District 2
606-673-1310

Earl Boggs – Magistrate District 3
606-652-3588

Bill LeMaster – Magistrate District 4
606-638-4688

KYGlockster

Activist Member
You can carry in court rooms over there?!?!?

Shoot I may have to pack up and move on over.

We can carry everywhere in KY except in Detention facilities (unless we have warden/jailer's permission), K-12 Schools, and Court of Justice facilities. We can carry in county courthouses, State capitol, legislative chambers, etc.

hermannr

I added a couple comments, haven't shown up yet. Sounds like all ofe those guys need to be unemployed (at least in their present capicity)