Thread: Gun Friendly Bank In Troy MO Prevents Robbery

Gun Friendly Bank In Troy MO Prevents Robbery

Here's the story about the Peoples Bank & Trust in Troy in preventing a robbery by being pro 2A.

http://kplr11.com/2012/10/30/bank-pr...ry-in-troy-mo/
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Here's the story about the Peoples Bank & Trust in Troy in preventing a robbery by being pro 2A.

Thanks for posting this!
    Troy is also an OC friendly City! We've had meet ups there!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Saw that - put a smile on my face.

Criminals don't pay any attention to signs - we already knew that.

Even with the pro slant, the media got it wrong. The bank president did not prevent/foil the robbery - he did detain the BG in the parking lot. Acknowledge that was a good thing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

can't believe this is not on you tube yet.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    can't believe this is not on you tube yet.
    It is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbtZ-gHTrgU
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    .....snip....

Even with the pro slant, the media got it wrong. The bank president did not prevent/foil the robbery - he did detain the BG in the parking lot. Acknowledge that was a good thing.
    I would agree he did not 'prevent' the robbery...however, I would say he did 'foil' and 'detained' the robber. The perp was unsuccessful in carrying out the robbery, therefore it was foiled; and then he and another great citizen held (detained) the perp until LEO arrived to clean up. Just my perspective.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Thanks GRAPESHOT, they must have posted it after i searched. wasn't much in the video.

BTW, did you know i was kicked out of my credit union on the same day for carrying.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Thanks GRAPESHOT, they must have posted it after i searched. wasn't much in the video.

BTW, did you know i was kicked out of my credit union on the same day for carrying.
    I must have missed that news. Why would they kick out a stock holder?

I would agree he did not 'prevent' the robbery...however, I would say he did 'foil' and 'detained' the robber. The perp was unsuccessful in carrying out the robbery, therefore it was foiled; and then he and another great citizen held (detained) the perp until LEO arrived to clean up. Just my perspective.
    Very interesting perspective.

A clarion call to all citizens that the police are not likely ever to be where they are needed most. Self reliance is the key in our society today. This incident is exactly what the media needs to be relating to the citizenry continually, as a example of self reliance and the importance of our fundamental rights, and the lawfull exercise thereof as citizens of this great country......wait, did I state media?.....never mind.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Very interesting perspective.
    Self reliance is the key in our society today.

For clarity only, it always has been, it is what this country is founded upon, too many just lost sight of it.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Out the door, going to work on our OC rights. It's political open saeson, be part of the problem or be part of the solution. If we don't get out out there and volunteer to do the footwork, we harvest what we sow! SQUAT!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO