• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Friendly Bank In Troy MO Prevents Robbery

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Redbaron007

.....snip....

Even with the pro slant, the media got it wrong. The bank president did not prevent/foil the robbery - he did detain the BG in the parking lot. Acknowledge that was a good thing.

I would agree he did not 'prevent' the robbery...however, I would say he did 'foil' and 'detained' the robber. The perp was unsuccessful in carrying out the robbery, therefore it was foiled; and then he and another great citizen held (detained) the perp until LEO arrived to clean up. Just my perspective.

papa bear

Thanks GRAPESHOT, they must have posted it after i searched. wasn't much in the video.

BTW, did you know i was kicked out of my credit union on the same day for carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Thanks GRAPESHOT, they must have posted it after i searched. wasn't much in the video.

BTW, did you know i was kicked out of my credit union on the same day for carrying.

I must have missed that news. Why would they kick out a stock holder?

OC for ME

I would agree he did not 'prevent' the robbery...however, I would say he did 'foil' and 'detained' the robber. The perp was unsuccessful in carrying out the robbery, therefore it was foiled; and then he and another great citizen held (detained) the perp until LEO arrived to clean up. Just my perspective.
Very interesting perspective.

A clarion call to all citizens that the police are not likely ever to be where they are needed most. Self reliance is the key in our society today. This incident is exactly what the media needs to be relating to the citizenry continually, as a example of self reliance and the importance of our fundamental rights, and the lawfull exercise thereof as citizens of this great country......wait, did I state media?.....never mind.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Very interesting perspective.
Self reliance is the key in our society today.

For clarity only, it always has been, it is what this country is founded upon, too many just lost sight of it.

mspgunner

Out the door, going to work on our OC rights. It's political open saeson, be part of the problem or be part of the solution. If we don't get out out there and volunteer to do the footwork, we harvest what we sow! SQUAT!