Thread: I am new to OC

I am new to OC

i am new to OC and i live in Cape Girardeau, Mo. area. what are some things that i need to know about OC and what are some of the things i should say and not say top cops when approached. any advice would be great thanx.

First thing I would do is determine what areas around you have in place to prevent OC. Any municipality can regulate/prevent OC. Once this has been satisfied, do the Walmart shuffle!

As for the police, do a search here and you will see various opinions on the talking to the police. Bottom line, be careful what you say to the popo.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

thanx man! another question i had was concerning the OC meetings. I would like to take part i like the ideal of getting together to help protect our constitution and our rights. are there any meetings in SE Missouri or around this area.

Re: I am new to OC

According to Cape Girardeau Missouri Code, Open Carry is against the law.

http://library.municode.com/mobile/d...TRRESACEWECREX

Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Code of Ordinances >> Chapter 17. - OFFENSES AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS >> ARTICLE V. - OFFENSES INVOLVING WEAPONS AND EXPLOSIVES >> SEC 17-98. - Unlawful Possession or Use of Weapons. A)5.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

WOW! thank you for showing me this i don't want to go get my self in trouble. On a lighter side i have decided to move. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    thanx man! another question i had was concerning the OC meetings. I would like to take part i like the ideal of getting together to help protect our constitution and our rights. are there any meetings in SE Missouri or around this area.

Watch the Missouri forum for announcements regarding OC meetings. I don't recall seeing any in your area; however, doesn't mean it can't start. The next closest place would be the STL area. Just watch the forum. Sorry I'm not much help.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

thank you for your help and stl. is not to far from here i could probably make it to one of the next meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    thank you for your help and stl. is not to far from here i could probably make it to one of the next meetings.
    Sunday November 4th 3:00PM in Pacific, Missouri at D'Angelos. Just west of St. Louis County in Franklin Co.

http://www.dangelospizza.com/

Google the address for directions, al are welcome. We expect about 10 people, maybe more with a few new folks.

We've been there before, afordable, small place, the owners are great to us!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO